First Day of June, the Month of the Pearl!

Ahhh, figures why they caught my eye! I'm on the lookout for Vietnamese akoyas. I can't get over how vibrant they are! Beautiful earrings and ring!

Katbran, your work is wonderful. So sculptural.

Thank you JP :) Very kind of you..but I truly am an amateur and only do the basics moves .. but theres a lot that can be done with just the basics. I wish I had the talent to sculpt - I'm giving it a go and have just today started wax carving for the 'lost wax' method. My son wanted me to make a large wishbone and chain for his fiancé to hang her ring on when she is in surgery. I thought..piece of cake..how hard can a wishbone be... well 3 hours later ... I'm going back on Saturday to finish it...

And thank you again Amti ,MSC , Pareltje and Sanippy for your lovely remarks. Much appreciated. And..the earrings at the back are not that heavy...the big Hoop like ones are..but the back diameter is 27mm so they are not huge and the cubes are hollow and light weight.

MSC - love the earrings and the ring - very pretty setting !

Judy Geib earrings and pink/lavender natural pearl pinky ring plus abalone ring... the rings will probably come off if I go outside.
IMG_2572.jpg

Thank you, Jersey, Kat and Naan! Naan - I love Judy Geib's work and I had lusted for these earrings for about a decade. After I got my current gig, sis and I had a sister's day in NYC and we went to Barney's on Madison ave. I walked out with a little black bag ;)

SoC tiny keshi today. It's partly cloudy today and it's supposed to storm, so hopefully that means cooler temps. And that means a necklace!
IMG_2633.jpg

Yay for keshi! And beautiful keshi at that! I know why I love your keshi necklace so much!!! It looks a lot like mine did before I added more to it (it was a wee bit too short). I am so happy I learned to string and wrap, thanks to all you wonderful ladies!

DSC06042.jpg

We were twinsies, amti!!! I like yours both ways and I think you can pull it off shorter too.
Thanks, BWeaves, it is super duper light! I had to check and make sure it was still there just now...

MSC, those earrings and necklace are gorgeous! I would die for some SoC keshi.

And amti, I love your keshi tin cup (both before and after the additions)

Thanks y'all. I am wearing the keshi a lot these days bc it is so light and it is so hot. We're hitting 98 today. Hope you are cooler than me!

Thanks, Jersey and Sanippy!

I went and visited dad over the weekend, it was a relaxing visit and I had time to make a few new bracelets including this Tahitian keshi and silver number :)
IMG_2991.jpg
IMG_2992.jpg

I was admiring your wire wrapping on your earrings...very nicely done. Fun bracelets...you have no fear when it comes to mixing it up.

MSC--you got me thinking about leftover pearls, parts an pieces. I made this this weekend and still trying to decide if I like it and how much I will wear it. Shown here with my workout clothes.IMG_1488.jpgIMG_1489.jpg

MSC, I have never met a keshi I didn't like. Applies here. :)

PW, I thought it was another of MSC's creations at first. You did a wonderful job balancing it just right. It is very unique and I think it would pop with just the right outfits.

Back