Fireballs and rounds- Do they work together?

CharmedOne

I really like the fireball pearls but I thought a necklace with all fireballs drilled like this would be too much for me. What do you think? I am going to use either silver or rose gold finding, this is just temporary. The pearls are more pink than the photo but we have had nothing but rain for the past three days :( I would love to find some pinkish fireball drilled lengthwise those would be great in a complete necklace :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 27
I'd love to see it being worn. I usually do this kind with the elongated pearls along the bottom in a U, but leave the upper sides just round pearls. :)

Really like how the pink spacer pearls pick up the color in those flame balls!

I agree with GemGeek on the design as well. Those elongated guys can be a bit pokey on the back of one's neck.

Thank you gals so much! GG, that is a great idea, I will try that and see ;) I think it will work much better. I will have to take photos both ways. Thanks again :)

I agree with the above; alternatively, you could try placing shorter fireballs at the back and longer in the front for a graduated look.

They aren't fireballs. They are bead nucleated. Some of the very early attempts at bead nucleation. I called them comet pearls or I've seen them called tadpoles. They were everywhere for a year dyed in all sorts of bright colours and usually very lustrous but have now disappeared. They were up to 30mm long. I still have a few strands from then. The bead was tiny, maybe 5mm. Your design - or Blaire's -work well to show off their weirdness

You are right, Wendy. I have not seen them lately either. Interesting shapes though...

Thanks so much for the clarification :) There are so many types of pearls out there and I'm still pretty new at this LOL. I bought these a while ago and decided to play around with them, to see what I could come up with. Odd shapes are really difficult to put together and I only bought them because they were pink. I must say, some of my baroque pearl purchases haven't really grown on me yet and this is definitely one of them. But there are quite a few ladies in the family that I can pass them along to once completed. They are way more adventurous than I am ;)

When you say some of the early attempts at bead nucleation, you mean the Chinese Freshwater culturing, right?

Pattye, yes it can see that in the back of a few pearls. Thank you all for helping figure our what kind of pearl they are.

Katbran, the term tribal is exactly what I would use to describe it with the way it is strung currently. Thank you, I was looking for a way to describe it and couldn't quite place it. Tribal, yes! perfect description ;) Not quite my style but appealing to some, for sure!

Back