Examples of convertible necklaces into bracelets?

PearlBunny

Dear all,

Would love to see some examples of necklaces that can be easily interchanges into 2 or more bracelets? What sorts of clasps/hardware would be required to make it happen?

Thank you in advance!

PearlBunny,

With the forum site being down off and on, most of us have been unable to answer.

The first thing you need to think about is that the average bracelet is between 7 and 7 1/2 inches. So 2 bracelets that size would be 14 inches or 15 inches (with interlocking clasps, like perhaps the orbit clasps). This choker length is way too short for many of us who prefer nothing shorter than an 18 inch necklace and often wear longer ones. Half of 18 is 9 inches, far too long for a bracelet, except perhaps for some men.

That said, a necklace of 21-22 1/2 inches can often be wrapped 3 times and worn as a bracelet.

Clasps are often a fairly expensive part of a piece of jewelry, sometimes even more than the pearls or gemstones themselves. Perhaps you will be the one to design some convertible necklaces!

I have luck with the 18” necklaces twisted around my wrist. That often doesn’t feel comfortable with larger pearls
141B5311-1499-4190-A6B0-8BF3850E0615.jpg

I haven't done it with pearls, but I have a necklace that I lengthen by attaching a matching bracelet to it. I don't like wearing pearls as bracelets because I bang my wrists around too much, and they interfer with using a mouse all day.

I have two strands that connects with bracelets I made for making the strand longer.
_20190817_131208.jpg
_20190817_131241.jpg
_20190817_131453.jpg
_20190817_131516.jpg
_20190817_131542.jpg
_20190817_131601.jpg

Last edited:
Katbran, it's very versatile. And easy to change during the day if you suddenly don't want bracelet anymore. I knotted them so that the pearls all face the same way (since they are baroque) it looked better. I tried the usual way first, but it didn't look good on the bracelet. Good thing I don't mind stringing,

I’m in the process or ordering a strand, two actually, that can convert to either an 18 & 20in necklaces or a necklace and a bracelet with the harpoon system. Does anyone here have a strand like that? and can post pictures how they wear it?

Last edited:
I like to wear my ropes long. If I connect two necklaces together I often wear the clasps offset (one low, the other at my collarbone). They never stay even, so if I start them uneven, it bugs me less when they shift around.

Back