Did I get a great eBay buy?

callire

Hi guys,

I'm a long time lurker, and before I joined the forum I bought this pendant from an ebay seller. It's supposed to be a 8.5x10mm Akoya pendant AAA grade, but I just wanted to see if it was actually authentic. If not, it was pretty cheap, so it won't be a huge deal :p

I took a bunch of pics!

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

sorry they're so big, I'll try to resize!

If it were a large size, I'd say it didn't look real, it's so perfect, but at 8.5mm, looks like you got a lovely excellent quality freshwater drop pearl. Beautiful color, luster, and surface! Good job! Now we'll see if my esteemed colleagues agree with me...

Sheri

Hi Callire,

Welcome to the forum, yes, I agree with Sheri, you got a very pretty freshwater pearl. Don't worry about the size of photo, it can help to see flaws, in this case none! Wear and enjoy!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

a pretty freshwater pendant but it all depends on what you paid. While it is very pretty, a single freshwater pearl is not worth a whole lot of money.

Thank you for the quick replies! I paid about $20 give or take including shipping, but it's perfect because I'm considering a 14mm South Sea pendant from Pearl Paradise. I just wanted to get a cheap pendant so I can make sure I LOVE this style before spending a considerable amount (I'm a broke student so it's a lot of money for me to spend on jewelry). It's between a pendant or a lovely strand of freshadamas so I thought I'd get a cheaper version of both to see what I like.

Thanks for all the help!
Callire

Last edited:
The shape of that drop is just about perfect. It also has amazing orient. I think it is a fairly special CFWP for the money. I would not be afraid to wear that every day.....

Caitlin,

It's even more beautiful in person... The color is stunning! I'm impressed with the seller- tuyen -the price was perfect, the shipping was super fast (1 day), and I love the pearl! Now I just have to buy a gold chain and I'm done.

That pearl cannot be Akoya, can it?

... not that it matters, I believe that it is a freshwater pearl with nice colors and lustre. If you like it, it should help to know what it is.

Caitlin,

It's even more beautiful in person... The color is stunning! I'm impressed with the seller- tuyen -the price was perfect, the shipping was super fast (1 day), and I love the pearl! Now I just have to buy a gold chain and I'm done.

Hi Callire,
very, very lovely pearl! I too believe it to be a Freshwater, never mind, the quality so much better than an akoya. Can You give us the link to this seller so we too can look at his pearls? Where are you living - if the shipping just took 1 day - is it in Asia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Callire,
very, very lovely pearl! I too believe it to be a Freshwater, never mind, quity so much better than an akoya. Can You give us the link to this seller so we too can look at his pearls? Where are you living - if the shipping just took 1 day - is it in Asia?

Jerin,

It was actually my mistake, I rechecked the auction and it wasn't listed as Akoya. I looked at several auctions from the seller and I forgot the exact BIN that I pressed :rolleyes:

http://myworld.ebay.com/tuyen/

I believe it was shipped from FL to SC, but I'll check.

Back