Damage or natural blemish?

Bridglop

Good afternoon forum!

I recently purchased a tahitian pearl necklace. The necklace arrived loose in a box. It seems there was some clips in the box to secure the necklace, but the strand became unsecured in shipping. The largest pearl on the strand has what appears to me might be damage from mishandling. It seems its neighbor knocked into it and scratched it surface, possibly in shipping, as the place where the come in contact is exactly on the blemishes. Then again this may just be a natural defect and the strand was put together this way to minimize the impact of the blemishes.

Do you guys mind weighing in? Does this look like the result of mishandling?

Pic1.jpg

I've also included additional pics, for reference or any additional comments.

pic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpg

Thanks!

Welcome Bridglop,

It is a bit hard to answer your question, but it is a valid one. Disappointing I'm sure, to find such significant blemishes on the center pearl. Were your pearls advertised as a particular grade? Could the clasp have scratched the pearl, is the clasp at all scratchy or rough? It is not likely that one pearl would mar another. What is the return policy?

I have a very similar oval shape strand, love it in spite of blems.

Probably you will have to consider what you paid, and if the blemishes affect how you feel about the necklace and its beauty. If the quality was misrepresented, perhaps you will want to return or exchange.

Please share more info with us about the necklace. What size are the pearls? What drew you to this particular necklace?

My answer to the question would be the same as Pattye's. I can't see how the pearls could be damaged by the pearl next to it.

- Karin

Back