Cook Islands Keshi Bracelet

Btw, I still have not decided what to do with them yet. They are a fun novelty but we have been so busy with the day to day we have not sat down to figure anything out yet. I have considered buying several kilo, drilling and matching them in China, then creating multi-strand necklaces.

What do they call the necklace with chain in between? Tin cup? Maybe something like that, with or without diamonds sprinkled along the chain (bezel-set). Tiffany does something along those lines. Or is that just too easy?

They would have to be drilled lengthwise, so maybe that would add to the challenge level . . . .

Perle

What do they call the necklace with chain in between? Tin cup? Maybe something like that, with or without diamonds sprinkled along the chain (bezel-set). Tiffany does something along those lines. Or is that just too easy?

They would have to be drilled lengthwise, so maybe that would add to the challenge level . . . .

Perle

I think Tin Cup style is nice too. But gold is so expensive right now...:(

Josh; said:
... trying to get to important points?
Josh, I can't tell offhand if you covered everything, but your post was superb and much appreciated! (And yes, if you would just share a photo of that keshi drop with your wife's name on it?)

Accidental or not, they are beautiful!

Josh: thanks for the interesting info.:)

Steve: I hope the second bracelet matches well with the first one!:)

Jeremy: if Pearl Paradise was to offer some keishi pearls, whether Tahiti or Cook Island in origin, or South Sea, I would be very interested to get some--both smaller and larger ones. :D

Cheers,
Pernula

I hope the second bracelet matches well with the first one!:)
Arrived this week, bracelet with a nice range of 22 jumbo 10-12mm gray/charcoal/blue/green/platinum iridescent keshi. As an extender the attempt was to provide a family likeness but matching was certainly impossible. Unfortunately I had a terrible time focusing the entire piece.

At just over 16 inches total length, the effect is not as desired. My wife does not like such large pearls as a collar. Perhaps another neck?

The bracelet was sent on approval and may be returned. Look forward to comments and suggestions!

Attachments

• Strand.jpg
    Strand.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 38
My, my, would you look at your reflection in those keishi!! That is amazing!! Well, a little off the subject, but will put the "thinkin cap" back on---------seems like the magnetic clasps are a bit large, and the total length too short---------?? Does your wife like it as a bracelet??

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Yes, too short, too much clasp. We won't keep another keshi bracelet if the necklace extender idea doesn't work out. And my wife is getting a bit impatient for this exercise to conclude, so she can order a safety chain for the original bracelet and start wearing it regularly!

Still, those are 22 very nice keshi that would be a shame to send winging back to the Cooks?

Geez, if the price isn't too high I would like first dibs on it!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time, but not quite enough keishi yet

I'm second in line behind Pattye (who already has the most stunning collection of pearls, just from the ones I've seen in the posts!!)... I think as a bracelet stand-alone, it is just completely awesome, and I for one would be happy to waste my day staring at it on my wrist..

That said - I can't do big pearls on a short length either - no balance unless you are extremely tall and thin - has to have a big more length -18" minimum, and then the clasps would be completely too obvious..

IMHO, I think the first bracelet is a stand alone piece. Maybe you could figure out a way to attach a high karat gold chain (simple) when you want to wear it as a necklace. I think it would be stunning just those few beautiful pearls around the collar bone.

Yes, I agree - I think I was confused as to which one may be on its way back to the Cook Islands - if Steve's wife EVER tires of the first bracelet, please, Australia is beckoning....

#2 is the one on the blocks, and if it could find a good home among this 'family' that would certainly be a worthy conclusion. The designer would agree regarding the original bracelet's stand-alone intent, and I greatly appreciate his effort to try to make the necklace option happen.

I'll try to get a good shot of bracelet #2 on its own and post ASAP.

I KNEW you meant bracelet #2------:D

Pattye

I actually have some Cook Island pearls----------some baroque and some round (& off-round) from Carolyn awhile back--------they are lovely.

I did say you have a formidable collection, Pattye!
If I had been following the thread more closely, it would have been obvious it was No 2, but hey, I'm still keen No 1! Those colours are magnificent!

That was truly sweet and kind of you to compliment my collection, Nerida!! And I absolutely agree with you, Bracelet #1 is Just Crazy Gorgeous and Amazing!!!

Pattye

Are you copy writing for Carolyn now? You forgot INSANE and BREATHTAKING! I dream of a personal collection like the pearls I've seen of yours Pattye - please forgive my envy!

Not to mention WILD and OUTRAGEOUS! :) I love her designs . . . .

Another great bracelet, Steve!

Perle

OK, second bracelet deserves a bit more attention. Sun came out and my four-year-old Nikon Coolpix 7900 did fairly well, although still not the best at capturing color?or maybe the blue background has somewhat sapped the pearls' true color impact. Bracelet #2 is the large picture (yours truly and trusty tripod reflected in the clasp), insert offers a side-by-side comparison of the two.

#2 is no slouch, lessened only as a result of the prior existence of #1. At 10-12mm these are giant keshi in their own right, and there is more than just a little matching going on (including an elongated white centerpiece in #2 that recalls one of prominent pearls in #1).

Handling the sheer pearl weight of both bracelets (about 400 carats altogether!) has been quite enjoyable, I have to admit?

Attachments

• KeshiBracelets.jpg
    KeshiBracelets.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 40
Magnificent, Steve.
I adore both sets of pearls.
They are so lovely; if it were me, I'd hate to part with them.

I agree with Sueki. They are stunning pearls and you are lucky to handle them. Maybe you need a bracelet to go with your wife's?!
John

Back