Champagne and Blueberries

Gemandpearlover

I just finished restring these two necklaces. The SS necklace is a mix of champagne colors and the grey/blue Akoyas remind me of blueberries. So yummy.

IMG_0889.jpg

Dark green peacock baroque pearl choker

6-8 mm dark green peacock baroque choker and a 10 mm pendant

They are gorgeous. The colors and shape of the champagne south seas are really beautiful. How big are they? The blue akoyas really do remind me of blueberries. Great knotting as well.

Thanks Charlotta! :) The SS pearls are 11-14mm. The blue akoyas are vintage. I was suspect of them because they were so round and a bit more intense in color compared to my other blue Akoyas. Restringing them eased my mind as three had uneven nacre at the drill holes in which I could see the bead inside, and I didn't see any dye concentration though I am no expert. I included a pic of a pearl drill hole in case anyone more experienced believes they are dyed. If so- it will be a learning experience.

Round silver blue pendant with a semi-round green ring

That’s a good size on the goldens. Beautiful luster as well. I don't see any dye either.

Yes. Those blues have a beautiful blue color. I love the shapes on the SS strand too..when I get a SS strand that is exactly the shape I want!

Gorgeous! My dream strand would be the size of the champagne strand in the colour of the blue strand. Mmmm!

Pearls can not only be dyed but also irradiated - this darkens the nucleus of salt water pearls. Generally it is uniformity in colour in a strand that can help give it away. Blue pearls , as I was told by an Akoya seller in HK make up just 10% or less of a harvest so getting uniform colour from such a small selection is difficult.

Your blues are very pretty - I love blue Akoya ! And I love the shape of your GSS !

Thank you Katbran (for the compliment and for providing more pearl education, I really do appreciate it), BWeaves, jesscat, Pattye and Amti. :)

Back