Can anyone help me with my pearls please.

MRSROBINSON2011

I was given these 11 years ago, but im not sure if they have any value or not as i want to protect them on my contents insurance. Any help would be great xx

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 48
Thank you for the great photos. That looks to be a lovely necklace. We have a sticky up for providing info when you post. Photos good, also sizes and more, ie metal type or marking on the clasp. Please take a look at it and add the info. We have no idea if those are diamonds without seeing them, though they probably are, judging from the rest of the necklace.

How about a macro of the back of the clasp?

Hi there. Thankyou so much for getting back to me. I have taken a few more pictures for you. Hope this helps. I would love to wear them but im more of a diamond sparkly girl.

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 47
Do they pass the tooth test? Usually ones that come in a fancy box are manufactured, but I know nothing about the Elizabethan pearls brand. Close inspection of the clasp seems to not reveal anything except made in England. No hallmark or metalmarks other than that. I think it is not a fine metal and real diamond clasp unless you can see what kind of metal it is stamped on there. They are gorgeous in that box, but they might not even be real. I could only find one reference to that brand online and it said they were faux. So do the tooth test. Refer to the sticky with instructions for posting pearls for evaluation.

What a pretty necklace! I think this a nice quality costume piece. The perfection and uniformity of the pearls is more common to imitation than real. It's hard to tell, but I think the stones on the clasp are glued. Real diamonds would be set with prongs or a bezel. Also, the back of a diamond's setting would be open, to let in light, not solid. Please do the tooth test, though, and let us know the result.

Back