Broome vs online, help please

Mishymoo137

Hi, I will be heading up to Broome tomorrow and am hoping to purchase some beautiful SSP earrings and pendants, but I have being doing my research and I can most likely get better value online. I have visited Kailis pearl jewellers in Perth and they are extremely expensive. Should I buy online and which are the most reputable online sellers. thanks

Hi, welcome! That's a question with a long answer. Something to consider is your location (VAT).

I know we've covered this before... If you go up to the search bar and type in vendors, or recommended vendors, or SSP recommended vendors the thread might pop up. I'll give it a try, but in the meantime who else can chime in with the thread? Is it in the Sticky What eBay buyers need to know?

Well, if you're located in Australia, Nerida and CathyBear and Bodecia might be good places to start.

In general, there are Pearl-Guide members who have their business/website information listed under their posting names. Other vendors are out there of course, but if you aren't going for a large-volume source for a business it's very nice to know the vendors here are reliable.

Last edited:
Cathybear is in Darwin. Her pieces are quite unusual. You'll find references in threads as "CC" or Catherine Cardellini. She sells online, but she also seems to be quite welcoming for a P-G visitor. (I'd love to meet her)

Right, do you mean Rusty and Bronwyn? Thank goodness you guys are chiming in, I've gotten out of touch lately, and I haven't even listed the big guys with a larger inventory... PearlParadise

Probably the best start is to know exactly what you want to buy. Otherwise advising is like advising on how long your piece of string is. (loose pearls, quality, strand, pair, single, temp strand.....)

Back