Best way/venue to sell unwanted pearls?

tahitiangirl

Hi everyone!

I would like to preface this post by saying that if it is in any way against the forum rules I apologize and will remove the post immediately.

I have a few pearl pieces that I unfortunately have to let go of. I am getting married over the summer and have been steadily culling my loose stone and pearl collection to try and raise some extra funds for the wedding.

I have had pretty good success selling most of the loose stones that I needed to part with on Loupetroop but I have not had a single inquiry about any of the pearl pieces that I have listed there even though the listings have been there for several months. Though I love all of the pearls that I listed, I just can't justify keeping everything that I have when some pieces just don't get worn and I would like for them to go to new homes where they will be appreciated.

Is there a better venue to sell my pearls or a pearl-specific website that I should take a look at?

Again, if this post in any way violates any forum rules or policies I will remove the post immediately!

Some people also list their pearls on Diamond Bistro.

Are you a member of Pricescope? If so, you can post a link to your sales pages (on Loupetroop, Diamond Bistro, etc.) on their Preloved forum.

Then there's always eBay. At least you know you will have a very wide audience there.

We do not have a venue for private sales here on P-G, though.

I have not looked at your pieces but I just want to add that sales may lag if they are priced too high (and this is subjective.) People don't like having to discount their items, but used jewelry is used jewelry, and if you are asking more than 50-65% of the original price, this could be the problem. Pearls in particular do not hold their value on resale. Being soft, they do receive wear through normal usage.
Just my opinion.

Back