Baroque Akoyas

It is a special...I think the linking bounces you back out for some reason. If you go through the March Sale link at the bottom of their home page it shows up in on that page - and indicates that there are still some left.

Hi Heidi,

If you are speaking of the multi-color Vietnamese akoyas, I heard they were gorgeous! One of Terry's co-workers attended the Pearl Grading workshop I was at this March and she said they were amazing in person! Also a big plus that they are not treated for color.

I did purchase baroque silver-blue untreated akoya strands from both Terry and Jeremy when they were specials, and they are lovely also, just slightly different shape.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Hi Pattye -

I just spoke with the women, Judy, who you met at the pearl grading course I believe. She was very nice - we chatted about the course you both took in March and metals pricing while she looked up just the right findings for me. She was exceptionally helpful in putting my order together and made sure I was getting what I wanted.

I am very excited to see how this all turns out! I purchased two necklaces and am having one strung into a double bracelet and two pearls pulled out to make earring charms. Those I will put onto a pair of platinum wire hoops that I already own for what I hope will be a nice story in cool tones. I didn't inquire specifically if these were the Vietnamese Akoyas I've heard about or their other special. I will ask if it's not clear in the paperwork, though, just so that I can claim this as an educational expense on some level.

Guess what, you guys are geniuses - I don't even need to get it restrung! I linked the two strands from Jeremy with the ball clasps, and they kinda nested themselves as a double strand at with a gap in between for Terry's 18" strand. It looks so natural!

NestedAkoya1.jpg

NestedAkoya2.jpg

That's gorgeous! :)
Maybe one day I'd try double strands to see how I like it, had previously thought it too much for me.

Back