Bangkok Gem Fair

Thanks, everyone! I saw lesser nice deep goldens this year.....output for nice goldens not so much I guess but I heard the demand was up from Chinese and Japanese markets for GSSPs.

Perlas, what did you think of the Burmese golden from Ranong pearls? And the ones from Rio?
I found the prices really decent; will the HK fair be the same, or Hk just have more endless pearl vendors with more selections?

Cathy Keshi, thanks so much for uprighting my pics!

Pattye and Jeg, my invitation stands for both of you - if ever in Bkk you’re both welcome to stay at my house.
And if during February Gem Fair we can all hit it together, and then head on to HK fair.

Perlas, what did you think of the Burmese golden from Ranong pearls? And the ones from Rio?
I found the prices really decent; will the HK fair be the same, or Hk just have more endless pearl vendors with more selections?

Cathy Keshi, thanks so much for uprighting my pics!

I found burmese harvest improving. I saw some baroque Burmese golden with a deep gold. They were usually a tad lighter saw some that was colored like Philippine golds.

Everyone's loot is gorgeous. The lighter gold looks much better against my skin too, although I adore the darker shades. White always pops on me. Great job!

There was a man there at the Fair associated with Harry Winston and Beauty Gems.
He told me that in his opinion he has seen some of the best Burmese golds as beautiful as any Jewelmer gold pearls, grade per grade.
He said that the Burmese needs the art of ‘Marketing’.
He has worked with Assael, taught jewelry courses at FIT.
He really had some great information.

What a delightful offer, Jaye. You might find me on your doorstop someday- my bags are always packed! I would’ve chosen that strand for myself as well. I hope you will post some pictures of you wearing it, too!

Perlas, I love your “loot” photos, too! Beautiful!

Back