Antique Natural Pearls

Vicki

I have a pair of beautiful antique natural pearl/diamond earrings. Does anyone know the approximate value of these? I can find more info on them if needed.

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 34
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 34
Those are wonderful! Amazing! Unique!

Yes, please, give us as much info as possible. We don't often see pearls like these.

Black is not the best color for photos of pearls.

Can you give us some shots on a non-reflecting white, like a paper towel? If you don't mind, some indoor with northern or indirect light. Outdoors with indirect light, and those might look different in full sun too. The more different lights, the better we can get to know these pearls.

Thanks-

These pearls are pretty special we could use some dimensions on the pearls- and description of the diamonds etc. Are the the pearls certified? That adds a lot to the value. So this isn't going to be an easy guess without some precise info, but wow, do I like looking at them!

Hi Vicki

they are beautiful, not just the pearls but the settings too

what a treasure you have there

please tell us more !

Antique Pear Shape Natural Pearl

Antique Pear Shape Natural Pearl

Caitlin,

In addition to the earrings (which I do have a GEM report on) I have a beautiful necklace with a pear shaped pearl. The necklace consist of 255 pearls slightly graduated from 6.50mm to 4.00mm in single strand rope necklace with white metal clasp set with 1 near colorless old European, 2 near colorless Swiss cuts and 20 near colorless rose cuts, with 1 half-drilled slightly baroque pear shape pearl measuring approx. 18.00 x 11.20 x 9.85mm in white metal detachable drop set with 1 near colorless old European, 1 near color-less oval old European, 2 near colorless Swiss cuts, 9 near colorless single cuts and 9 near colorless rose cuts.

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 50
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 47
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 47
Update to the earrings.......

They were purchased from Sotheby's in 1985, here is what the paper work says,

PAIR OF NATURAL PEARL AND DIAMOND PENDANT-EARRINGS Circa 1925

The 2 natural pearl drops measuring approximately 22.6 x 13.6mm., and capped rose-cut and old-mine diamonds and suspended from fan-shaped tops of platinum also set with old-mine diamonds. Comes with a G.I.A. report.

Pattye,

Yes they belong to my mother in law, they were purchased for her by my father in law. I just posted more information on them.

Wow. A lot of really special pearls. Those 3 drops are magnificent! And I'm sure they are worth more than in 1985. Natural pearls after a dip around 2008-9 are climbing fast in value. Pearls that special are hard to guestimate, they are definitely Sotheby or Christies quality.Christies sold 2 6 ct pear shaped pearls for over 200,000pounds. The estimate was 80 to 100k and went 2.5 times more than the high estimate.

How many carats are each of your pearls? We can look for more comparables....

They are very nice indeed!

DK :)

Thanks for sharing! Stunning pearls. I especially love the white drop. :cool:

nycc

nycc

Update to the earrings.......

They were purchased from Sotheby's in 1985, here is what the paper work says,

PAIR OF NATURAL PEARL AND DIAMOND PENDANT-EARRINGS Circa 1925

The 2 natural pearl drops measuring approximately 22.6 x 13.6mm., and capped rose-cut and old-mine diamonds and suspended from fan-shaped tops of platinum also set with old-mine diamonds. Comes with a G.I.A. report.

hai vicki,
tats a nice piece you've got there.wat is the price your expecting on the line.i am intrested as i also deal into pearls. i am looking out for such lines. do get back to me on ishaan.javeri@gmail.com

regards,
ishaan

Back