akoya pearl oysters

Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can purchase akoya pearl oysters in bulk. I am looking for a wholesaler.
Thanks Jess

Are you looking just for the oysters or "pearl in oyster"?

I think the latter is a bit of a scam because they place the pearl inside the oyster - it is not the original host. I have never really liked that biz...

Last edited:
Do you want the oysters for nucleation or the nucleus inside?

pearl oysters

pearl oysters

Alec,
That info. would be great. I plan to open a shop in the mid-west in april. If you know of a good supplier for findings also that would be great.
Thanks
Jess

jarpalm said:
Hello,

If you're looking for the akoya pearls in the oyster I know of a company that sells them. They are generally 6-6.5mm in size in the oyster.

The pearl company sorts the pearls and implants the 6mm pearl inside younger oysters that are smaller in size. This way it's easier to transport them. The oysters are then put in a solution of alcohol and water to preserve them. Please email me if you'd like to get in touch with the company that sells them.

Alec Rupp-Smith
www.alohapearls.com
alec@alohapearls.com

pearl oyster

pearl oyster

I am looking for oysters with the complete pearl inside. They are usually preserved in alcohol and water. Also known as a (pick-a-pearl).
Thank You for your reply
Jesse

you hongqing said:
Do you want the oysters for nucleation or the nucleus inside?

Hello Jesse,

I think I understand what you want. One factory near our company can offer the complete akoya oysters. The oyster is preserved within the can filled with alcohol no water. They also enclose a silver necklace in the package. Many years ago I bought some for gift. The price is about us$8.00/can.

I received one of these as a child. I thought that it was the COOLEST gift! My parents told me that only a few of them have pearls (which of course was just to build up the excitement). And, when I found the pearl inside, I was thrilled! :)

-Peter Ciulla

I was given one by a former boyfriend. got the "peach one" thoguth at the time it was a cool gift...

Then a number of years later I ended up giving it away... Silent auction fundraiser... who would of thought a $4 dollar gift could raise $150 dollars! that was really cool!

pearl in an oyster

pearl in an oyster

When we lived in Hawaii, my wife bought a pearl in an oyster and she absolutely loved it. It is a neat industry for trinket jewelry and the suspense/surprise factor creates an experience for the casual buyer.
Neat marketing idea, even if the pearls are not very high quality.

you hongqing said:
Hello Jesse,

I think I understand what you want. One factory near our company can offer the complete akoya oysters. The oyster is preserved within the can filled with alcohol no water. They also enclose a silver necklace in the package. Many years ago I bought some for gift. The price is about us$8.00/can.

You,
This is exactly what I am looking for, except I want them in bulk. They are packaged in buckets of 70 oysters and no necklace. I am intrested in 560 oysters for first purchase. Thank you for any information you can provide.
Thank You
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

I will talk with the director who can offer the complete oysters. And I will take a picture of the products and send you. I do not how to put the pictures on this forum. Please contact me as the email: xhpearl@163.com.

You hongqing

Back