A mixed bag of abalone pearls.

Hi Antz
Thanks for letting us know. Your steady stream of abalone pearls available on the market IS creating the market value! It is so nice to see you selling!!!

To my way of thinking, your abalone pearl threads have added so much to the informational value of abalone pearls, I must commend all your efforts!

I need advice on how to liquidate my personal collection of natural abalone pearls including 3 good horns and some large gem grade pearls.

First, start your own thread here and post lots of photos of them.
Second, I am not sure if you can get the best prices if you don't put them in small lots. I couldn't tell if you wanted to sell them all at once. Easier, if you find a buyer, but the entire lot will go for far, far less than selling in singles matching pairs and small lots of 4-5 similar pearls.

Ebay is perfect for this kind of sale. Then you can post the listing as a signature in your thread and we can goover there if we wants to buy.

Antz, who started this thread would be a good person to look at his eBay website. He is patient and is developing a good market atmosphere over there for ab pearls. The more pix you post here the more publicity. We don't actually buy and sell here, but there is a lot of window shopping and people click through if they like an item. You just need to be sure there is a safe way for people who to and EBay is a very reliable way to do it. Go to eBay and search for abalone pearls. You should get a good idea of the going prices. To see what has actually sold, scroll down the left side of the page until you get to 'completed sales' and click on that. The sold pieces tell you what is really the going market price.

Good luck. We will help you as much as we can with advice and by having the images up on this site.

Only 2 days to go in the auctions and not even into double figures yet, someone will be getting some cheap abalone pearls.
And if you are feeling cheeky feel free to put a best offer bid on any of the other listings
Regards Antz

Oh, I'm so glad I saw this thread!!! Antz, I sent in two offers via ebay.

Just over an hr to go before the auctions close and looking like they will all go very cheap

I sniped the long slender pearl for $20.00, but got it for $15.50. I think that is the deal of the day. Thanks antz, but I don't think it quite pays the postage. I was hoping for a price that would at least pay the postage!

Yes. I see it drilled a bit, with an inconspicuous bail. Maybe to be an extra charm on my Medical Alert bracelet.

I really want Antzs' curly horn, but it fell off my list for lack of funds. If it is still there when I am caught up...... Anyway, I see that horn with the two open petals upside down like a fushia with some pearl pistils and stamens dangling from the cup. I also see it right side up with a big pearl in the cup. I think it is a brooch/pendant. It is so unusual and balanced a form, I am surprised no one has gone for it yet.

Dear Antz,

Received the pearls yesterday. All are beautiful!!! Thank you!

Hi Antz I have made an offer on your cheapest pearl and the threesome. All are absolutely beautiful and am eagerly awaiting your next listings, hopefully will have some more money to spend by then.

Back