A day in China

Mikeyy

Pearl Diver
harddrive 2290.jpgharddrive 2272.jpgharddrive 2254.jpgharddrive 2280.jpgharddrive 2246.jpgharddrive 2261.jpgharddrive 2266.jpgharddrive 2257.jpgharddrive 2277.jpgharddrive 2248.jpgharddrive 2260.jpgharddrive 2270.jpgharddrive 2251.jpgharddrive 2263.jpgharddrive 2271.jpgharddrive 2281.jpg

Is this Zhuji Mike? I really should go there and explore soon! I will get recommendations before I go :)
Those round pink and lavander ones are gorgeous, the one on the far right of the picture has an incredible colour!

Last edited:
Thanks Mikeyy! Now, just enough info to make my heart slow down, if you would tell? How much would the big wicker basket with the red handles (front row) sell for, if one bought the whole basket?

Baskets are pretty inexpensive in China. The pearls however are another story. The pearls in the basket are pretty good quality. I wouldn't want to guess from here. I don't blame you for wondering though because they do look nice.

Last edited:
Ha ha a hahahahaha;):D:D:), good one, thanks, but no help! I need to hear "oh, tens of thousands" in order for my heart rate to slow down.

This might seem like a strange question, but is there a certain smell in a room full of pearls such as the one pictured? The reason I ask is that I make some jewelry, and I keep all of my mother of pearl components in a plastic tackle box. There is a smell when I open it that I can only assume comes from the mother of pearl (because I have other components in the same type of boxes and only the containers with the mother of pearl and the one with bone components have a scent.)

Do pearls have a certain scent when present in this type of quantity?

Pearls themselves don't have an odor. If you drill pearls however the process of drilling gives off an odor of burning bone. It's the heat and calcium dust that create the odor.

Pearls themselves don't have an odor. If you drill pearls however the process of drilling gives off an odor of burning bone. It's the heat and calcium dust that create the odor.

Thanks for the answer! With that in mind, I went and checked my mother of pearl stash, and found that I had put a large lot of turtles carved from bone in with the mother of pearl. Bingo. The scent is obviously coming from the turtles! Now that I see that, I realize it is the faint odor of burning hair!!!! Mystery solved.....

I love the pics mike! Setting the bar pretty high for us!!

I am curious how much it has changed Josh. When I went last much of the town center and mall were new and vacant. Waiting for your report on the changes.

Back