A couple of Mangareva Tahitians!

Sanippy

My very first Tahitians arrived in the post today! I thought I'd share a few photos with you all.

They are Mangareva pearls from Jac and both are 10mm, AAA and peacock. One is near-round (looks perfectly round to me) and the other is a clean drop. I love the luster on these, the bright green body colour, and the beautiful pink overtones. The overtone is brighter on the drop and I absolutely love the tear drop shape. I wish I'd ordered an extra round to make earrings!

Photos taken with my 9mm metallics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
One can never get tired of looking at pretty Tahitians. The colors are beautiful and ever changing depending on how the light hits. I'd love to see what you do with them. And it is never too late to order more- I'm sure Jac will be happy to look for a partner for your drop.

Thanks BWeaves, Pearl Dreams, JerseyPearl and amti!

I definitely want to set the drop as a pendant. Undecided on the round - I could set it as a pendant or ring, or wait to find a good match for earrings. I really think I prefer drop shapes for pendants and rounds for rings and studs.

If anyone has recommendations for pearl findings (pendants, rings etc) please let me know! And any tips for setting them myself. If it's tricky I can ask my local jeweller to set them for me. I'm in Australia if that makes a difference.

The first Tahitian is set! I chose a 14ct yellow gold pendant to show off its beautiful green and pink hues.

image.jpg

image.jpg

And with a few other pearlie projects:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thank you all! I'm enjoying my small projects! This pendant is destined to be a gift but I couldn't help but sneak a neckshot. Sorry the light wasn't great.

I'll make another for myself once my next lot of pearls arrive. Sadly they have been stuck in transit for a couple of weeks :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back