365 Days of Pearls

BN: I did get an amazing multicolored 18" T strand from PP at Ruckus 2017. I wore it non-stop all through my trip to Europe. Hiking pants or dresses, I wore it with everything. I also got my first T strand, which is about 20" and baroque from Kojima. It has a white gold and sapphire clasp, which I love.

I'd love to get a rope of T's, but I'm afraid I might not like the weight. I either want a colorful rope of different sized Ts, or an ombre' strand. Kojima had one recently that I'm still kicking myself for not buying, but I didn't have Pearl funds available at the time. I love the lighter colors, and the multicolored pearls.

I like the long rope of T's that Kojima has right now, but I just used up all my pearl funds. I'm still waiting on my SoC ring to arrive from PP. John's diamond setter was on vacation.

I ADORE your thread, BN! not only choices but your tasteful and unpredictable combinations!
It would be hard to believe you've amassed almost all your treasures in short 4-5 years! But again, 7 months ago I had only 1 vintage Mikimoto grad strand... so I can relate :)

For linens, I really like Eileen Fisher and other slow fashion brands, who care about longevity and quality of their garments.
Funny, how I've become so conscious whether my clothing go well with pearls or not :D

Masik: Anymore, I judge every garment I'm about to buy as whether it will go with pearls or not.

Baby Nurse, it was wonderful to be able to spend time with you again at the Ruckus! (And to paw through your treasures at show and tell.) I hope you will continue to share your daily pearl selections with us.

Kay, I don’t know how I missed this post. I so enjoyed catching up with you during the Ruckus! During show and tell and particularly on the boat. {{{hugs}}}

Beautiful combination Baby nurse. I just don't understand how you can get the colors of the pearls to show so well. My photos sometimes catches the luster but rarely the colors. I agree with your comments on linen. Usually you have to Iron them, I hate ironing, and also the fibers sometimes itches on me. For me cotton and cashmere works best.

Charlotta, taking pearl pics can definitely be challenging but gets easier with practice. Here are a few tips that work for me.
Find a room with a lot of natural light. Place the pearls on something white. Position yourself so that you are blocking the direct light, creating diffuse light on the pearls. This should bring out the pearl colors.

I take pics in my bathroom. It works well for me because it’s small and the entire room is very light colored, pale blue walls and white shower curtain. There is nothing dark to give off dark reflections. I think it is similar to being in a light box.

Love this combination! Especially love that tassel necklace. I would spend all my time fondling my pearls, lol

Pam, the tassel is irresistible ! Every part of it moves and it makes a wonderful sound when the tiny strands knock against each other!

BN: I did get an amazing multicolored 18" T strand from PP at Ruckus 2017. I wore it non-stop all through my trip to Europe. Hiking pants or dresses, I wore it with everything. I also got my first T strand, which is about 20" and baroque from Kojima. It has a white gold and sapphire clasp, which I love.

I'd love to get a rope of T's, but I'm afraid I might not like the weight. I either want a colorful rope of different sized Ts, or an ombre' strand. Kojima had one recently that I'm still kicking myself for not buying, but I didn't have Pearl funds available at the time. I love the lighter colors, and the multicolored pearls.

I like the long rope of T's that Kojima has right now, but I just used up all my pearl funds. I'm still waiting on my SoC ring to arrive from PP. John's diamond setter was on vacation.

Hmm, wish I could picture that Kojima T strand that got away. I’m usually pretty on the ball when it comes to her pieces. Well, your T rope is out there— something to look forward to!

I ADORE your thread, BN! not only choices but your tasteful and unpredictable combinations!
It would be hard to believe you've amassed almost all your treasures in short 4-5 years! But again, 7 months ago I had only 1 vintage Mikimoto grad strand... so I can relate :)

For linens, I really like Eileen Fisher and other slow fashion brands, who care about longevity and quality of their garments.
Funny, how I've become so conscious whether my clothing go well with pearls or not :D

Thank you, Masik!

I too never buy clothing without considering if it’s pearl-friendly. Have to at least be able to wear a pendant with it! Or statement earrings : )

Love the look, BN, especially that Tahitian rope! Where do you find all these cute tops? I love linen but I hate to iron. I'm more of a wash & wear girl! LOL

Sadly there isn’t much shopping where I live so i rely on online stores. Most of what I wear is from Anthropologie and Boden.

Here is the *last* clothing-pearl change for the Saturday of Ruckus weekend, since I already shared what was worn at the party Saturday night.

1-2pm we were treated to Jacques’ talk, “Farming Pearls in the Philippines”, with Jacques Branellec. We had agreed that we would all wear our harvest strands for this talk, to let him know how much we appreciated and enjoyed these pearls.

I have two of these: a 90” one and another between 40 and 50”. I tried them both on that day and really liked the look of the shorter one on its own, but the goal was to communicate our enthusiasm for the harvest strands, so on they both went!

Pearls worn: 90” harvest strand from Jacques’ farm, 40-50” harvest strand from Jacques’ farm, golden South Sea and Tahitian Keshi dangles from Kojima Pearl, golden South Sea Love birds ring from Rio Pearl.

There was very little time for pearl pictures that day so most of these were taken after the fact at home.

Attachments

• AD0194F5-AD89-4277-B1E5-D3964301C733.jpg
    AD0194F5-AD89-4277-B1E5-D3964301C733.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 38
AF90D36E-FB1E-4DA1-A595-2E6BC075B49E.jpg

8AD5DAB3-64A0-4999-8FD9-A44DEA291333.jpg

Only picture I took from that day! I really loved the top with this single rope.
D342E735-637A-4690-998C-0F40B5B081FA.jpg

AAE76116-4096-4C9D-B52F-833E37D69894.jpg

9580062A-443C-4290-BE1B-87006AD8E2F5.jpg

0B3780F1-1E5D-481C-A6D9-67684CF85930.jpg

AC6ADFC2-D3D3-4A3D-94F1-FE77627D08DB.jpg

2FF08B52-F848-489C-B15C-6EA8B3B9E06B.jpg

F6AE17F8-8F71-45A5-A6D1-1CFFE65BE934.jpg

C0E024D9-1E48-4BBE-AD80-39A0416A9957.jpg

095F7BC3-9734-4866-8B84-68B1CC59EF15.jpg

D1AC0FA7-399A-4034-B5B8-B3692401EEC1.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous. I really wish I had been able to see the lovebirds ring in person. All those harvest strands were amazing. The surprise on Jacques' face was so fun.

I love your harvest strands !!! They are spectacular!! When I first joined PG in May I owned 2 akoya strands that I loved and a pair of tahitian and diamond earrings, and many freshwater pearls. Since then, I've purchased a GSS strand and earrings. My horizon has expanded and I love seeing you all with your treasures. Pearls,pearls, cannot get enough. Such joy in knowing there are others who feel the same.

That ring is adorable. I actually got a peek at it at Ruckus, but there was an overload of pearls to oogle and I didn't get to see it up close. Your ropes were amazing.

Those GSS pearl harvest strands are spectacular!!!! I love them & the amazing colors! They look fabulous with your top, too! The love bird ring is just adorable! Such fantastic GSS!

Back