365 Days of Pearls

Hi Corvettegirl! They are 40”.
I got a Waterfall Light too and kind of wish it was a bit longer like yours. Maybe I'll try to add some extra pearls myself, but I do love how easy it is to wear, especially right now with this steamy weather!

Love how you wear 2 together!

YAY to BN continuing to show us her beautiful pearls & combinations!!

Baby Nurse...I did go ahead & buy the longer Waterfall Kojima put up on their site. It's going to be delivered today.

Fantastic— they’ll look great layered together!

Baby Nurse, it was so nice to see you at the Ruckus, and to share at our show and tell Saturday night after the cruise! I wish we had more time to talk - this Ruckus was even more packed than usual!
Lately work has kept me busier than I’d like, and I haven't had as much time as I’d like to view and post. Catching up on your thread always puts a smile on my face, absolute beauties, every post! AND I’m so happy to know you’re counting backwards!!! Thanks for taking the time to entertain us all!

lmgarden, I was so pleased to see you, too! I agree, not enough time to talk. I felt that way about a lot of people. Looking back, I’m feeling badly that there were a few I never even exchanged hellos with!

Please post your pearls as often as you can, ok? Your pearl creations and layers are out of this world!!

I got a Waterfall Light too and kind of wish it was a bit longer like yours. Maybe I'll try to add some extra pearls myself, but I do love how easy it is to wear, especially right now with this steamy weather!

Love how you wear 2 together!

Thank you, Babyblue! It is super light and easy to wear. I hope you do add a few pearls to increase the length. Pretty straightforward to do and I suspect would make you love it more.

Thank you BAS, BWeaves, battah, Purranha, jesskat, 86Corvettegirl, SunSeeker, Kay, jeg, Floridapearl, Pareltje, amti, Katbran, and Babyblue033!

It dawned on me that I wore more than one set of pearls the day of the Ruckus party. I, in fact, changed clothing and pearls 4 times (like any dedicated Ruckuser;)).

So here is what I started out wearing. From 9-10AM, there was a “Pearl Design Corner” where we learned to make a cool pearl lariat.
Pearls worn: 17” long tiny Keshi and soufflé necklace, Tahitian and freshwater Keshi rope, white waterfall rope, and Tahitian Keshi/golden South Sea dangles from Kojima Pearl.

65B269A1-43B3-4B93-A522-B68B22F04A44.jpg

That’s BAS in the background wearing her beautiful little h geode dangles!
7A07D3F3-2141-4862-B0A0-2DFE3806FA52.jpg

433FF9BD-94E8-427F-BC5D-F06E47388D86.jpg

B2E0155C-E6B1-48E7-AC3A-06BABF89A6D7.jpg

36F5C06E-E149-478B-9E96-9EAF9CC04D18.jpg

My table, working hard on our lariats!
E29D644A-3130-4A38-84B1-0361907B19E1.jpg

Thanks, JerseyPearl! Somewhere along the way, we agreed that white/cream was very flattering to pearls so most of us brought along at least one outfit that color. It seems like I’ve been collecting white tops all year.

Interesting JP—what fabrics do you like best? I wear mostly cotton because it’s comfy and breathes well in the heat. I love linen but only wear it occasionally because of the maintenance and the tendency for it to be sheer.

Back to Saturday of the Ruckus. I shared the pearls worn for our pearl craft from 9-10am. Just a bit before 10, I darted back to the room for a change of clothes and pearls suitable for the talks that would be on from 10 until 12.

Pearls worn for the morning talks: multicolor Keshi and soufflé necklace from Kojima Pearl, Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise, freshwater pearl tassel rope from Hisano of little h, Keshi and chain dangles from Kojima Pearl (all worn on white linen!)

There was no time to take pics that day so I took these yesterday in my bathroom!

99667AA2-C496-4DC2-8BE4-312DEC73E90B.jpg

6950AE65-9A05-4090-B9DA-CE3703D131EC.jpg

EF008E49-2D46-4698-B657-D912D8BAB59E.jpg

70828301-C413-4F6C-BAD7-F4FD6007F14E.jpg

54CC99C8-88E7-42F5-B524-29A3B13164FB.jpg

CC82E0A9-0B85-44B2-97D6-2D7DBF4FD0A0.jpg

97A80EBC-E62F-46E8-94C1-D0B899F5C64C.jpg

2E3E4D12-29BC-4571-A998-A749889D102A.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful combination Baby nurse. I just don't understand how you can get the colors of the pearls to show so well. My photos sometimes catches the luster but rarely the colors. I agree with your comments on linen. Usually you have to Iron them, I hate ironing, and also the fibers sometimes itches on me. For me cotton and cashmere works best.

That Tahitian rope. I need you and Newberry to shop for me. I never find T's with the colors that you both have. Or maybe you just get to them first.

Love this combination! Especially love that tassel necklace. I would spend all my time fondling my pearls, lol

Love the look, BN, especially that Tahitian rope! Where do you find all these cute tops? I love linen but I hate to iron. I'm more of a wash & wear girl! LOL

(Am I a bad roomie to not have noticed FOUR changes of clothing? Though I was asleep during Round 1...)

There's linen and then there's LINEN. I've had scratchy, wrinkly linen. And I've had smooth, comfortable, barely wrinkles, and you just look tastefully crumpled linen. It depends on the quality of the linen.

It's the same with cotton, really. I've had the kind that looks like you crumpled a piece of paper, and I have had some (Egyptian cotton that's been gassed) that is smooth as silk. Gassing is where they run the cotton thread through a flame to burn off the fuzzies and make the yarn smooth as silk. Mercerization also chemically changed cotton to make it shrink less, take dye better, and not wrinkle as much.

There's linen and then there's LINEN. I've had scratchy, wrinkly linen. And I've had smooth, comfortable, barely wrinkles, and you just look tastefully crumpled linen. It depends on the quality of the linen.

It's the same with cotton, really. I've had the kind that looks like you crumpled a piece of paper, and I have had some (Egyptian linen that's been gassed) that is smooth as silk.

Oohhh, thanks for the description of better quality cottons and linens. I wonder which brands carry those. I’m guessing increasingly difficult to find these days.

I bought that T rope at my first Ruckus, in 2014. They were exceptional that year, beautiful shapes, sharp luster and great colors. I think you’ll need to see your rope in person (or have someone pick it for you). You got an amazing 18” one last year from PP, correct? Please wear it soon so we can all enjoy! Did you also get one from Kojima Pearl? Or maybe it was a strand of ripples that I’m thinking of at Kojima...

Last one.

E63A1522-408A-44BA-B30F-3C175AFCB618.jpg

I put the shortest necklace, the one with tiny Keshi and a white soufflé on backwards. Still pretty but the other side of the soufflé focal pearl is much prettier!

I love how the necklace with the souffles ties together the freshwater and Tahitian pearls! Very nice.

Back