365 Days of Pearls

Thank you, Floridapearl, Cicadalady, BWeaves and JerseyPearl!

BWeaves, yes the earrings are a bit heavy! In fact if you look at the first earring pic, you can see how the earring tugs down on my piercing.

Day 149:

I can't lie. I spent the day at the ocean and didn't wear a single pearl for fear it would get damaged by sunblock/bug spray/sand. But had I worn pearls, this would have been it: soufflé and blue baroque akoya tin cup by Hisano of little h Jewelry.

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_7975.jpg

I ogled that soufflé tin cup when it was posted on PP but I never pulled the trigger. It's gorgeous.

Your collection is truly amazing! I love popping in and drooling over your beauties

Those souffles look like little clouds!!! Another lustrous piece worth of envy!

They look gorgeous on you! The chain looks extra dainty besides those beautiful *clouds. ( stole the word from Amti's post ;) )

Thank you, BWeaves, kalmen, amti, and Abi!

Day 150:

Today I wore my Kojima waterfall necklace, Kojima Keshi necklace and Catherine Cardellini ripple strand. Earrings are akoya studs from Pearl Paradise.

Looking at the pictures, I'm realizing that this was a really beautiful look until I added the ripples. I love these ripples but all three pieces together is too much. However it's what I wore today so here are the pictures: )

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

NOT too much, BN! Nothing succeeds like excess!!!

To quote Benny Hill, "Nothing succeeds like a budgy with no teeth." (say it out loud)

I love the look, but I agree, I think I like the waterfall with the keshi and without the ripples. But that is because the first two create a triple of similar sized pearls, and I'm a sucker for a triple.

Last edited:
Count me in as a fan of the three strands together. I love an over the top layered look (but it's not too over the top). I think it works because you've kept a uniform element...in this case white pearls. I love love love layering for a bold look around the neck.

BN, I love this look - the fact that your layering combo consists of an uneven rope, single ripple strand and a small keshi strand gives this look more levels of interest! A bit trickier to achieve with more than one color, but not impossible. And of course, any one of these would look lovely on their own! I say layering is part of the fun of wearing pearls!!

Day 151:

White South Seas and Tahitians! The Tahitian/wss necklace and wss earrings are from Pearl Paradise, the wss stretch bracelet is from Kojima Pearl.

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

I love this necklace! The SSP and Tahitians complement each other so well.

Back