2017 Ruckus Treasures

I purchased two wild Sea of Cortez pearls and a teal/ green Tahitian from Pearl Paradise.
One of the wild pearls will be the body of a octopus in a Sheri Jurnecka Clam with a mermaid holding a octopus. It had to be 3-4mm. I selected a cherry with green halo wild pearl.
The second is also cherry with a green halo. Gem+++ 7.5 Sea of Cortez that was just discovered by fishermen and shown to Douglas who brought it to the ruckus.
I had it drilled..... I hated to. but it's now a pendant.

Special Sea of Cortez pearl with Douglas McLaurin

Sea of Cortez pearl made into a pendant

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also can't wait for the octo-mermaid.

Last edited:
Those harvest strands are just amazing.
And BWeaves emerald necklace is stunning.
Those SoC mabes are little pieces of heaven and LFS your new pendant is absolutely gorgeous ❤️

Kay ... I love love love that idea for the Mabe necklace. Many of the Mabe necklaces aren't my particular ( quite possibly peculiar) taste but this design speaks to me ! Love it.

Love the SoC pendant ..and that chain..really nice !! The colour in the pearl is amazing..

I just realised I missed half the first page !!!
Newberry - whew ! Love the harvest stand - I'm fanning myself and don't know if its the necklace or a hot flash ! And the loose pearls are beautiful. That fireball is very nice ! Lovely shape and lustre.

BWeaves ! The chain looks wonderful with that beautiful pendant ! It's perfect !!

Last edited:
I never saw the SoC pearls that Douglas brought, haha. They must have gone fast! His necklace was lustworthy, though.

LillieFuzzySocks: That pearl is amazing.

Everyone's loot is fabulous.

All of your ssp harvest strands are gorgeous.

Kay: love your new mabes.

Bweaves: I really like your new chain. Wonderful idea and it must be difficult to drill such tiny pearls...

LFS: think we need close ups of your new pearls.

Thanks for starting and contributing to this thread. The videos are great but couldn't see the details from the videos so having pics as well is great. :)

Ooooh I don't know what to gush over first!! BWeaves that emerald wrapped chain is perfect with your enhancer! Kay, I'm drooling over those mabes - a SoC mabe necklace is on my pearl bucket list. LFS, beautiful choices, I can't wait to see your mermaid piece!

Oh, everything is so drool worthy! I saw these in person and they were gorgeous. I'm just not creative enough to know what to do with loose pearls so it was hard to pass up on such beauties but glad they are going to become amazing pieces!

Kay, the mabe necklace is going to be spectacular! What were you having done to the harvest strand?

LFS, I so love the pendant with the SOC pearl!

BWeaves, so glad you found the perfect strand to display your magnificient little h emerald pendant. The look is perfection! And so happy you found some matching hanadama earrings. I know you looked hard for them! I only saw the mabes when Kay had them on her and Douglas had one on his forehead. I came late to I missed out on a lot of the rare items.

Newberry, your harvest strand is one of my favorite ones along with Cathy's. I love that huge two tone keshi! The strand looks so perfect with your other gssp necklaces. I am in love with that tripled look you wore Saturday!

Red, I can't wait to see what you and your jeweler come up with on the earrings and loose pearls. Your two always come up with winning designs!

I had a list of items to purchase at the ruckus, but alas, none of them were available so I put myself down on a few wish lists. :) I did purchase a few things: a beautiful blue Tahitian ring from Kojima Pearls (which is being reset so I have no pictures, but it is a twin of the one Julie purchased), a few loose freshwater pearls (to mimic Kay's akoya necklace she wore on Sat night... basically adding in 10-11mm freshies to smaller akoyas to make the strand whimsical and fun, and hopefully get some wear out of it), and a Kamoka pearl on leather for my daughter. Josh was wearing it and I thought it was the perfect pearl for an anklet for my daughter who is an ocean girl. It's a cute and beautiful blue-green pearl so I'm very grateful he sold it to me. I also bought some beautifully carved black lipped oyster shells. I had two but gave one away as a gift already, so I only have the one pictured below.

Here are the fwps with the akoya earrings. I'm going to add the fws to the akoya strand that matches these earrings (I didn't bring the strand to the ruckus, but luckily I had the earrings!). Thank you to Alex who hand selected matching colors.

IMG_20170802_131352.jpg

The pearl for my daughter's anklet.
Kamoka pearl on leather for my daughter
For a perfect pearl anklet - Kamoka Tahitian on leather

And Josh wearing the necklace, before I tackled him to the ground and tore if off his neck (see the red marks on his neck?). ;)
Kamoka pearl on leather for my daughter Josh Wearing it

Last edited:
It was great to meet you amti. Except for the things that weren't available on your wish list, I hope you had a good time.

It was great to meet Linda and Jim, too. Linda kept buying things I had my eye on before I could get to them, haha. But I bought some stuff out from under Jim before he could get to them.

It was good to meet up with everyone from last year and make some new friends this year. I enjoyed rooming with SunSeeker, and yes, I will remember your name from now on.

All in all, I'd say this was an EGGcelent RUCKUS!

I had a wonderful time! It was fun to meet everybody and put faces to names. And Bweaves, it was really nice to have eggs for breakfast. I can't handle the sweet stuff, I need protein! My main treasure is this tahitian harvest necklace from Kamoka:
My main treasure is this tahitian harvest necklace from Kamoka

Linda, I wanted to see that harvest strand from Kamoka in person. Of course, the first time I saw it, it was already around your neck! Wear it well!

I had no intension of buying ripples. I love them on everyone else, but I always feel they are either too heavy, or only a couple of the pearls pop and the rest are dull. Then I tried on this strand from Kojima. It's smaller and shorter than most ripples I've tried on. It just popped on me. These are Chinese freshwater ripples.

Of course, then I had to get matching earrings. I've had my eye on the Kasumi tanzanite earrings on the Kojima website for quite some time. The Kasumi pearls in the earrings are much nicer than the Chinese freshwater pearls in the necklace, but they match really well.

Ripple strand from Kojima
Kasumi tanzanite earrings Kojima

Kasumi tanzanite earrings with ripple strand Kojima

The earrings will also go with my big honking amethyst pendant.

Last edited:
Ooooh BWeaves that's fabulous! Beautiful colors.

BWeaves - I adore those ripples on you!!! Score!!!!! And of course the earrings are amazing ...

Linda.wald - as the keeper of another Kamoka harvest strand I know exactly how special they make you feel. Constant discovery!!! You'll be amazed at its versatility :). Congrats!!!!

Linda, that Kamoka is so gorgeous on you! so glad to have seen it in person! :)

Bweaves - those earrings, it's like they were made for you and your necklace!

well done, all!

BWeaves, I'm not a fan of ripples generally but I have to say: those look absolutely wonderful on you!

I'm sending the earrings back to Kojima for Sarah to swap out the fishhooks and put a more secure click back / lever back earring on instead. I want her to use the same finding she put on my Tahitian opal drop earrings. I have a bad habit of losing fishhook earrings. They just work their way out of my ears too easily, and I would be heartbroken to lose one of these earrings. I almost asked her to do it at RUCKUS. Hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it.

Back