14 karat gold findings (UK) Where's Best?

Minty

Hello everyone!

I've got myself some big drop cultured pearls, and some huge seashell pearls because I want to make myself some earrings. I want plain drop bails and a gold bead and/or pretty cap to go on each but I'm having trouble finding much on the Internet. Can anyone recommend a site with a good range (I don't mind if it's not in the UK). They're half drilled and I'm thinking Tudor style (I have creole rings to put them on).

Thanks very much for your help.

Minty x

The findings companies don't tend to have the greatest Websites - at least the ones with really nice ranges. I would suggest KGH in Israel, though. They have a great range of findings and they often sell piecemeal to individuals.

Here in Israel KGH only sells in amounts of 5.000 USD and up.

Hi Minty
Welcome!
If you are strictly retail, your choices are more limited. You might try Rio Grande. They may accept orders from people without resale licenses. They have a medium size variety of stuff and are good about their online variety. It would be great to build a list of places people have used, with links.
There are lots of online retail sites if you Google "findings". It could take hours to find what you want, though. I use places like Artbeads.com, which is convenient, easy and takes paypal. Some of the Ebay sellers are great for findings. Treasure island pearls has a lot of stuff as does Venetian Beads.com and lots of people here like them both. I just saw someone mention Findings King, last week. Huge site.
Keep this thread up with your "findings".:)

I emailed KGH and they said I can buy direct from their London dealer for small orders (less than the 5K), so I've sent another to find out how much a few things are.

I've also found these sites:
http://www.jewelrysupply.com/jewelry_findings/14_karat/pearl_drops.html
http://www.topearl.co.uk/14kgpd143-gold-pendant-finding-pendant-mounting-to-21276.html
http://www.houseofgems.com/gold-pearl-or-stone-bails-drop-jewelry-findings-with-45mm-fluted-pad.aspx

But I don't know if they're any good.

I can't find much at all in proper gold on eBay in the styles I want.

I might be missing something here and with a sort of vested interest being in the UK but 14ct findings with shell pearls...?

KGH are quite expensive:

Here are the prices for the items you quoted (prices are for 1 item)
* *H023 * *14k * *22$
* *H026 * *14k * *39.68$
* *H625 * *14K * *22$
* *H628 * *14K * *28.12$
* *H863 * *14K * *49.06$
To that please add handling charge 80$
Our delivery would be 4-6 weeks

So I'll keep looking

I want 14kt even for the shell pearls. They're just for me so that's what I fancy.

That seems reasonable - gold is at an all time record high price at the moment. Silver has gone up nearly 300% since last september.Just how much it has gone up was brought home to me brutally when I paid for the findings I got last month in Hong Kong. OUCH It has affected my findings shop immensely. On top of those prices (or for anywhere outside the EU you will also have to add 20% VAT plus collection fees to the shipping company on anything you import. (The UK post office slaps on a tenner for even 50p of VAT or duty collected!)

It's the handling charge of $80 that puts me off most.

Is there anywhere in the UK that sells solid gold pearl drops (eyes with a screw, or eyes with a cap and screw)?

I liked the House of Gems. They are registered with the BBB. topearl takes PayPal, so they should be OK. They don't charge the handling fees- My goodness, what a bad idea to have a handling charge.

Back