Gift Pearls

Christy2772

Hello,

The parents of one of my international students gave me this necklace. I don't know anything about pearls, so I am wondering what these are and what they are worth. The parents said they are freshwater pearls, and something about 8 years (major language barrier here, unfortunately). The clasp says PGPM. They have what I think is called a button shape, 7-8 mm diameter on one dimension, 9-10 mm the other.

FullSizeRender (16).jpgFullSizeRender (15).jpgFullSizeRender (14).jpgFullSizeRender (13).jpgFullSizeRender (11).jpgFullSizeRender (12).jpgFullSizeRender (10).jpgFullSizeRender (9).jpg

Thanks

You're right, you have a strand of freshwater pearls. I would call the shape more potato than button, but the luster looks very good and the surface appears clean, so it's definitely is a nice strand of pearls. The only thing is has going against it is shape.

The clasp isn't gold, unfortunately, but I would still expect a strand like this to retail (standard Brick and Mortar) in the states for somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 to $1000, and likely double in Europe.

I'll echo what Jeremy said, looks like very nice luster, surface and a good sized pearl -- very nice gift!

Freshwater pearls are wonderful because you can wear them everyday and not wear them out. Your strand is absolutely lovely and a terrific size!

(very nicely done with the photos! Pearls aren't an easy subject)

Wow. The quality is dazzling - regardless of shape. Terrific photographs! I hope you enjoy them. :)

Christy, is there any chance we could see a photo of them on your neck? I'd love to see how they drape and how close they are to your ears.

Back