I would like to know what kind of pearl I have?

edrodrivaz

Collector of Pearls
I bought this pearl and I would like to know what kind of pearl I have?

Attachments

• DSC00534.jpg
    DSC00534.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26
Can you tell us a little more about the pearl? Is it undrilled? It looks a bit off-round in the picture. Where did you procure it? Feel free to upload some more photo's from different angles.

Just from the photo, it could be a Tahitian...

The pits look Tahitian, but more photos needed. Does the pearl have any overtones, that is flashes of other colors on the surface? That photo, being taken in the sun, might kill the overtones. Try indirect light on a white paper towel or non-reflecting white surface.

Thanks for your answer. This pearl has purchased South of California. And is undrilled by this moment I have these photos more.

Attachments

• DSC00520.jpg
    DSC00520.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00540.jpg
    DSC00540.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00537.jpg
    DSC00537.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 35
It looks too dark for most of the local Sea of Cortez pearls I have seen from the rainbowlip oyster and the Mazatlanica oyster, but that could be the photos. Who did you buy it from? What was the story?

Already envoy this pearl to the laboratory. G I A. Here in Carlsbad CA. in a few days I will have the certification of this pearl. (Thank you all for your help)

This is the certificate of this pearl.

Attachments

• DSC06465.jpg
    DSC06465.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 38
This is the certificate of this pearl.

Well, Edrodrivaz, thank you very much for sharing. It is indeed a large cultured pearl, unfortunately, not a natural.

The remark about treatment: does that mean dyed? "heavily worked"? I haven't heard that term before.
No, it says natural color. I'm confused.

The truth I'm new to certificates of pearls. All the time I have worked with pearls natural

Back