No announcement yet.

Newbie Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a way to start! Not like me who bought a $75 strand of dyed FW posing as Tahitians (and I believed it...).

- Karin

Comment

My thoughts exactly, Karin. This "newbie" jumped off the deep end. But it looks like her bravery paid off.

Comment

Oh I love that ring! The gold and diamonds frame the pearl perfectly. yes, hand shot please!
        ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

due to request.. here it is on my hand..

sorry i should clarify.. its my newbie gssp set and i should rename my username to gssp newbie instead.. am i allowed to do that though?

i have a few whites in possession... my real first ssp was 9 or 10mm whites set on yellow gold (with ribbons) received as a gift more than 10 yrs back followed by the 11mm drop earrings.. then came the strand (i personally chose the design for the clasp). you would notice its small... comparable to the akoyas (see photo of 3 of them alongside each other). the ssp is more silvery in color.. (any thoughts on this? i bought it from a trusted jeweller in hk and he even has a buy back policy.. what is the smallest possible ssp i wonder?) and the most recent one is the 14mm ring set on white gold with diamonds.. i gifted myself with that on my last birthday.

i used to be a fan of classics (silvery whites are my favorite) but now looking for some color... thus the interest on gold

maybe in the future.. subject to budget (of course), i can go for bigger strands... but now i am enjoying my first gssp set.
          Last edited by gssp newbie; 02-24-2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Wow, that is some collection. I think you should probably drop the "newbie" from your username.

Comment

Originally posted by cyndayco View Post
              Wow, that is some collection. I think you should probably drop the "newbie" from your username.
              i am attempting to change but i guess theres no way.. is it?

majority of those have not been worn... i guess only the drop earrings maybe once or twice.. i would just occasionally admire them when i get stressed at work. and they never fail to cheer me up. lol!

Comment

I think Caitlin, the moderator can, if you pm her.
                Please wear your pearls. They need to be worn.
                Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
                www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

Okay, I am going to make a request. I request that you wear your beautiful pearls. Daily, would be my advice. Don't let them languish in a box or drawer. Wear them, enjoy them, and share them with the world. Plus, it's better for the pearls if you wear them so think of wearing them as "good pearl care"!

Comment

Wonderful photos, and fantastic pearls! Don't just keep them stuck in a drawer, wear and enjoy them.

Comment

yay, tnx Caitlin! got my username changed..

going for date with hubby tonight and thought id wear my gssp.. hopefully i will not turn the ring around like i would normally do to keep it hidden..

is anyone coming to hk for the trade fair? i have registered.. wondering if i can meet any pg~ers at the event..

Comment

Wow! That is one gorgeous SSP collection you have going! That ring looks stunning on your hand...I agree with the others, your pearls are just begging to be worn!
                        ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

You look terrific in your pearls~what a collection you have, just lovely! Agree with the others, please don't be shy, wear and enjoy!
                          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

What a stunning collection you have gssp!! Maybe you should have changed your username to "gasp" - its pretty close and it is what most of us are letting out after seeing your beauties! Wear them well!
                            Amrita
                            www.harmonypearls.com
                            www.facebook.com/HarmonyPearls
                            info@harmonypearls.com
                            www.twitter.com/HarmonyPearls9

Comment

thanks all! i was too conscious! a couple of times i did try to conceal it... i hope to be able to grow the collection (of gssp).

Comment

Working...
                              X