Tassels

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
Does anyone have any suggestions for a second use for the tassels which get put on the ends of SS and Tahitians and other high end strands. Just chucking them seems a shame but there are only so many drawer keys which need a tassel.
Pasties are a no

Lol Wendy! Uhm...how about sewn onto the corners of decorative throw pillows?

Lol, you ladies have given me a chuckle with my coffee this morning!

Just received my Nordstrom catalog and noticed they featured some "Dogeared" brand jewelry with tiny silk tassels that caught my eye. Here's a necklace that sells for $98 Hanadama

I have a small collection of tassles and like you, I struggle to find a use for them! They sometimes work as lampshade pulls and I hang them on hooks here and there like in my dressing area and with my jewelry because they're pretty to look at. I've also used them to decorate special gifts.

Are we talking about just the silk or ones that have pearls on them?

I've made high end Christmas ornaments with the silk tassels dangling from them. a ball might have a small statue with a ribbon hanger on the top, the ball studded with imitation jewels with ribbon and gold lace edges, then on the bottom a small gold ball and the tassel. I have glued strands of jewels around the tassel binder. The statue part can be quite whimsical and personalized. If I know the person, I can pick something they dream about, or something they love. One friend desperately wanted a horse trailer so she could come hunting with us. Her ball had a trailer in her stable colors, with her horse in it. A grinning fox was in the tassel as his lair.

Lets a use for tassels how about Pillows, Christmas ornaments & Lampshade pulls were already mentioned, Ends of a scarf. Kerchiefs ( Put one on each of the corners for fun & flair) add to Table runners. place mats, put them onto napkin rings, adorn candle holders & chandelier with them hang them from curtains as an added decoration. can always make Earrings & a necklaces with them. also coat zipper pulls or Purse "charms". Good luck & have fun!

Cheers
Ash

Back