My first WSS rope

StarryPearl

This rope of circled cream WSS is very affordable - I suspect it's the lowest price WSS rope on this forum. I love its relaxing shape, and I made it to wear everyday everywhere without feeling any burden. It was made two weeks ago, after the Tahitian rope, before the pendant. I took photos on different background to compare.

On black and white:
IMG_1655.jpg

On black background:
IMG_1657.jpg

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​​
​​​
​​
​​​​
On white towel, where the cream hue is more obvious:
IMG_1656.jpg

​​
​​​
​​
​​​​
With the Tahitian rope. The WSS rope is a bit longer so I found places to put the extra length. :p
​​
​​​
​​
​​​​
IMG_1642.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Oh la la! Beautiful pearls and stringing! I can’t wear golden SSP due to my coloring, but these I could.

Thanks, Charlotta, multichrome, and pattye.

Cream color is thought to be of lowest value in WSS, but it can be pretty, too. :)

Peacock tahitians are ofter valued higher as well. I prefer grey tahitians any day. Unless it's a light peacock, they often do look muddy in daylight. Grey and silver always looks great, and often has amazing overtones. I really like your creame south sea rope. And I once did get a real circled cream south sea strand for 22$, an auction mishap. This seller did often cancel auctions if the bid were low and then relist it. However something happened and I got it for 22 $. They were not pleased. I haven't bought anything from them for years. I have the best of those pearls in this bracelet.
_20210328_185150.JPG
_20210328_185050.JPG
I wouldn't mind buying more pearls like this...for 22 $...

Very pretty and great for daily wear. Lovely knotting, too.

Amazing buys, Starry Pearl and Charlotta.

They look a lot like my Mom's SS rope. My sister ended up with it.

Peacock tahitians are ofter valued higher as well. I prefer grey tahitians any day. Unless it's a light peacock, they often do look muddy in daylight. Grey and silver always looks great, and often has amazing overtones. I really like your creame south sea rope. And I once did get a real circled cream south sea strand for 22$, an auction mishap. This seller did often cancel auctions if the bid were low and then relist it. However something happened and I got it for 22 $. They were not pleased. I haven't bought anything from them for years. I have the best of those pearls in this bracelet.
I wouldn't mind buying more pearls like this...for 22 $...

OMG $22 dollars!!!
What a Steal!!! Very lucky purchase!!! :cool:

Charlotta Haha, you win :cool:. $22 is a steal, for a 16 inch strand? I wonder if it could cover the shell and grafting fees, probably not. Beautiful bracelet, as always!

It was for a 16 inches long strand. Not small pearls either, 9-11,5mm. I also once got a vintage graduated akoya strand, with a silver and marcasite clasp for 10$. I bought it to practice stringing with many years ago. I thought that it was fake, but it wasn't. Beautiful akoyas of great quality with thick nacre. But they forgot to put cultured or real pearls in the description, just pearls, so noone else wanted it. I made my first tassel with it.
_20210327_150358.JPG
_20210327_150323.JPG
I used it as a strand first, then made the tassel.

Charlotta, gorgeous akoya, exquisite craftsmanship, beautiful tassel. $10 for a strand is just unbelievable! The seller has my respect for honoring such a low bid price. Hope s/he's learned a lesson.

Well they didn't want to at first. They claimed to have auctions on several places and that someone had accually bought it and they therefore ended the auction.However that wasn't true. There are some pretty unique pearls in that strand and they had listed it again and did use the same photos. So I mailed them the new auction number, told them that it wasn't sold etc and that they just should mail me the strand that I had bought because of there own carelessness. I also did advice them to set a higher starting bid in the future, one that they could accept if just one preson did bid. They sent the strand and didn't answer anymore. I did get a good rewiew and I didn't write anything mean in my rewiew. It is a pretty awsome strand for 22$. Hadn't I already been a bit miffed with all of their auctions being retracted due to "something wrong with the listing" I might have let them get away with it. I haven't bought anything from them since.
With the 10$ strand I think that the seller didn't know what he or she was selling. Just wanted to get rid of it.

Back