Real SSP from Lombok?

Justin86

Hi All, recently I bought this pearl from an Instagram seller which claim to sell SSP from Lombok. Very fast delivery.
What you guys think? :eek:

pearl.jpg
pearl 2.jpgpearl 2.jpg

Justin, what size is it? Does it have any blemishes and is it drilled? You probably know the Chinese are producing lots of fairly good quality bead nucleated freshwater pearls. I doubt anyone can tell for sure from your photo if your pearl is SSP. I hope you didn't pay too much. What are you going to do with it?

pearl 2.jpg

there is a pit on the pearl. and it's 11-12mm. price about USD110. Plan to make a ring for my mum.

That's a nice size pearl and will make an elegant ring for your Mother! I can imagine how delighted she will be! Price sounds ok. Please share a photo when the ring is finished!

hope it gonna turn out nice!

Lombok produces genuine wssp and gssp. There are also many non nucleated fwp vendors who unscrupulously sell their pearls as ssp. You know the difference because you are a member of this forum. Yours is a real ssp, Justin. What a wonderful gift for your mom. Good son, you are.

very thoughtful, Justin! Let us see how it turns out when finished!

i did learnt a lot by reading from this forum. I understand too on the risk buying via Instagram :D no refund, can't really check on the quality, and no review on previous purchase from others. Well hopefully it will turn out to be nice :)

Justin, I'm not sure how people pay when buying from sellers on Instagram, but if it's by PayPal or a credit card, you'd still have buyer protection.

Hi Pearl dream. It depends. I tried buy gemstones from some seller from Thailand, they do have PayPal. But from this pearl seller, I use bank transfer only 😬

Back