This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Lilpearl!

It’s rainy and yucky out today, so I’m roaming the house in a T. I took these pics on nicer days of being able to get out. Things are slowly starting to open up, but I haven’t wandered too far.

Mixed SS, Tahitian and freshwater strand from Rio, Hong Kong. J. Hunter keshi pendant from Fiji. Earrings are made of T’s, golden SS keshi and vintage Biwa pearls.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EC5100AA-0E90-4766-A1B2-71527226B7E3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	393418

Name:	191B3100-ED2B-498A-83B0-7D992AE20447.jpeg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	393419

J. Hunter bracelet from Fiji, necklace of Fiji pearls from Cees, and a tin cup made of vintage Biwa pearls with a Myanmar SS pendant.

Name:	82811803-4072-4329-B1EA-150AD6743D8F.jpeg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	393420

Name:	B34A8556-3C6B-4DDE-BA16-CB3610F8EA4F.jpeg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	393421

Comment

• Lovely looks, Jeg, for sunnier days! Rainy and cold here also. Love the pattern of 2 small - one large in the rope and all the Fiji soft shades.
      Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Jeg, Kanaloa loves the ramen bowls with shrimp dumplings & Lychee martinis!! LOL
        I just love your T's & Fijis! I got my Fiji necklace from Cees as well. I would love to get another Fiji strand with the deeper multi colors!

Lilpearl, Kanaloa says Thank you!. He love to go out for drinks & good food. Even got some compliments at the restuarant!

It's rainy & muggy today but I had to go pick up the new heating part for my dryer. Hubby will put it on when he gets back from Louisiana.
        So I decided to wear my mult Tahitian from Cees & my pastel Tahitian drop necklace from David Norman.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mmmm, so very luxe, 86C!! (As is Kanaloa!)
          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• JEG: I love seeing your outfits as well as your pearls. The Fijis and Biwas are gorgeous.

86C: Love your pearls, too.

Comment

• Thanks, Pattye. Both strand are very large pearls & it's somewhat difficult to find 35+ inch strand of really large T's that have good luster & minimal marking. Most ropes tend to be 9-10mm like my ombré rope. David Norman told me that the pearl farmers are not really leaving the oysters in the the water long enough to create the larger pearls & are harvesting early. Most of the harvests are 8-10mm. I'm glad I bought these 2 strands when I did; I would pay a lot more for them if I was trying to buy them now.

BW, I could play in your jewelry box, too!!

Comment

• Kanaloa is one lucky cephalopod to be living with you and being able to venture out, 86Corvettegirl! We are still under pretty strict lockdown here in Oakland, California...no ramen outings for us, sigh.

Comment

• We're pretty much open here in Ga, Sherry. Kanaloa has been enjoying his outings & wants to go back to Nola! LOL
                  Today, is a lazy day & I'm hanging out with Luna, Kanaloa's little sister!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 86Corvettegirl; 06-10-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• 86Corvettegirl your pastel tahitian rope is stunning!!! Love Cees’ tahitians as well but those big pastel drops...dreamy...

Comment

• Thanks, Eolian pearls. I love that necklace, too. It's quite large...12-16mm.
                      Last edited by 86Corvettegirl; 06-10-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• 86c Your pearls are magnificent! Haven’t been wearing any pearls lately . Here in NY we’re still in lockdown. Some day soon.

Comment

• BW- Those drop shaped earrings .. such a wonderful shape. It's so hard to find a proper tear drop shaped pair now. I fear that companies have become so good at their culturing that Rounds are taking over . I love drop shapes... I've been looking for a nice big pair of WSS teardrops for ages. That SoC ring..the pearl is beautiful ! Quite iridescent .

86c - Kanaloa is such a statement piece... I love seeing you wear him out for Ramen ! Luna is so adorable !

jeg - Always a wonderful collection of earrings and Keshi pieces - and the Cees Fiji are great - I bought some at the same time from him ! Love the creamy tans and earthy tones.
                          https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                          https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• So many treasures on this thread! Too many to mention them all, but a couple that really stood out for me are Jeg’s outstanding blues with the Monili clasp, which is one of my all-time favourite PG strands (with BN’s mega Golay strand and peacock rikiteas, and a couple of Bezel-set SOC mabe necklaces, plus others I’m sure) and those beautiful pastels, 86C. I don’t think I’ve seen them before - I’m sure I’d remember them.
                            Cold and dark and damp here (by Sydney standards), so I was somber in black and silver.

Name:	BF3D9F33-2C53-473E-8D0B-EF8481C8086B.jpeg
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	393429

Comment

• Katbran, I do hope that the pearl companies don’t manage to eliminate the drop shapes - those are my favourites! Especially the smooth, fat drops. I know the strand I just posted is round, but it’s an outlier in my small collection. But I have to admit I’ve been on the lookout for colourful blue/green Tahitian drops for earrings for a while now without success.

Comment

• My perfect teardrops and La Perlagrina are the only perfect drop shaped pearls I've ever found. All my other drops are just off rounds.

Love Luna. SydK, what an interesting combination of necklaces. The cubes vs. the pearly rounds. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X