Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

What a very, very, special pair of studs, CatMom. They look wonderful with that pretty pair of baroques!

Love your swan pearl with your swan top, BWeaves. And what a relief your beautiful ring is as good as new!

Heartofawareness- can’t wait for playtime!!! Will you start with knotting or wire wrapping???

What a very, very, special pair of studs, CatMom. They look wonderful with that pretty pair of baroques!

Love your swan pearl with your swan top, BWeaves. And what a relief your beautiful ring is as good as new!

Heartofawareness- can’t wait for playtime!!! Will you start with knotting or wire wrapping???
Hi @jeg I'll be starting with knotting and I ordered a starter kit from Pattye's shop...What would be easier? Buy a cheap bracelet, take it apart and work on that or buy separate beads? Thanks for the help..

Heartofawareness, personally, I would buy something that I like and would wear, whether it be pearls or beads. You are not going to damage them by knotting them and taking them apart as many times as you need to, so get something you will wear. Have fun!

Heartofawareness, personally, I would buy something that I like and would wear, whether it be pearls or beads. You are not going to damage them by knotting them and taking them apart as many times as you need to, so get something you will wear. Have fun!
Ohhh....ok. In that case I will just use a bracelet of freshwater pearls that I already have. That will keep things simple. Thank you so much!

Honestly, you really can't mess up restringing pearls you already own. That said, it usually takes me 3 tries of knotting the same necklace before I'm happy with the results, but that's because I don't knot every day. I maybe knot once every 3 years. So the first 2 tries are to get my tension right, and I always end up swapping out the last few pearls once I figure out which ones have the bigger holes for finishing up. Then I'm usually happy with my 3rd try. And then that necklace is good for a few years.

Honestly, you really can't mess up restringing pearls you already own. That said, it usually takes me 3 tries of knotting the same necklace before I'm happy with the results, but that's because I don't knot every day. I maybe knot once every 3 years. So the first 2 tries are to get my tension right, and I always end up swapping out the last few pearls once I figure out which ones have the bigger holes for finishing up. Then I'm usually happy with my 3rd try. And then that necklace is good for a few years.
Thanks @BWeaves and @jeg. I've started a little document of your suggestions so I have everything in one place. I'm sure it will be a little confusing in the beginning but sure to get the hang of it in no time... 🥰

Thank you all for the Love strand love❤️

Yes @heartofawareness I did assemble this necklace myself, these are 6 years of slowly collecting pearls with absolutely no idea at the beginning that they will be a strand, first there was a bracelet then different variations of a strand...I was just figuring out what colors and shapes in Tahitians I prefer and was slowly but surely falling into the rabbit hole...Most pearls are from Druzy and CMW pearls, some Pearl House, Aloha Pearls, even a few Wen Pearls and Pure Pearls drops...I am very happy with the 2023 version of the necklace. As I am on a no-jewelry buy year I am playing with the pieces that I have and make some little changes, I put together mini Love bracelet recently to go with the necklace.
B143A6EF-A328-47D9-B347-2B1FBEC385CC.jpeg
D26EFD21-71BA-4000-9404-02CDF14541D5.jpeg

@heartofawareness I aboalutely LOVE your tiny circled T rope! What a beauty! And of course Kamokas always have somethingspecial about them. Good luc with your knotting! You will surely find it so much fun making your own necklaces and there are endless combinations with different gemstones...

@jeg Oh jeg I think I have never seen you wear all three SS and akoya necklaces together! What a treat for eyes! Love those pearls together!

@BWeaves I love all your collection, I am commenting here instead of your dedicated thread but I just wanted to say that one T necklace from PP from Ruckus that has all soft pastel colors is truly something special! I have a list of my favorite pieces here on PG and this necklace is definitely one of them ❤️

Thank you all for the Love strand love❤️

Yes @heartofawareness I did assemble this necklace myself, these are 6 years of slowly collecting pearls with absolutely no idea at the beginning that they will be a strand, first there was a bracelet then different variations of a strand...I was just figuring out what colors and shapes in Tahitians I prefer and was slowly but surely falling into the rabbit hole...Most pearls are from Druzy and CMW pearls, some Pearl House, Aloha Pearls, even a few Wen Pearls and Pure Pearls drops...I am very happy with the 2023 version of the necklace. As I am on a no-jewelry buy year I am playing with the pieces that I have and make some little changes, I put together mini Love bracelet recently to go with the necklace. View attachment 464924View attachment 464926
Gorgeous necklace and bracelet @eolian pearls ...six years collecting pearls means you have a lot of patience, LOL..They are both gorgeous. i can't wait to get past the floundering stage and into the 'creating' something stage (but I don't have the materials yet so that just shows my lack of patience :LOL:

I don't have anything to show but I did wear the endless bath rope from Kojima to a wedding today and everyone LOVED it..it's such a beautiful piece. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase clips for larger pearls to hold two rows together? I found them for 8mm pearls (which takes care of my Tinies) but no one has them for 10mm and bigger pearls and most of my pearls are 10mm or larger. What happens is when I double my long ropes they shift around and I spend more time fixing them than I do wearing them 😂 A clip would hold both rows in place (and make life much easier). So far the places I've search doesn't have them for larger pearls...Thanks so much!

I don't have anything to show but I did wear the endless bath rope from Kojima to a wedding today and everyone LOVED it..it's such a beautiful piece. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase clips for larger pearls to hold two rows together? I found them for 8mm pearls (which takes care of my Tinies) but no one has them for 10mm and bigger pearls and most of my pearls are 10mm or larger. What happens is when I double my long ropes they shift around and I spend more time fixing them than I do wearing them 😂 A clip would hold both rows in place (and make life much easier). So far the places I've search doesn't have them for larger pearls...Thanks so much!
Are you looking for 14K gold or something inexpensive...?

Hi @MotherOfPearlTrumpet doesn't have to be gold...just functional...any thoughts?
So you are looking for an oval "connection piece" to either loop one really long strand OR connect to strands to keep them from shifting around? Do you have a photo of the one you like for the smaller pearls so I know what you have in mind? I've got several findings companies I order from that have items like what you may be looking for...

So you are looking for an oval "connection piece" to either loop one really long strand OR connect to strands to keep them from shifting around? Do you have a photo of the one you like for the smaller pearls so I know what you have in mind? I've got several findings companies I order from that have items like what you may be looking for...
I just realized I cannot attach files in conversations (only media and urls)...is this a glitch Jeremy?

Attachments

• P6261753.JPG
    P6261753.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
I just realized I cannot attach files in conversations (only media and urls)...is this a glitch Jeremy?

After you've attached the photo, hover over the image and you'll see options to insert it either as a thumbnail or as a full size image. That will make it appear within the body of the post instead of as an attachment to the post.

Once it's in the body of the post, you can click on the image and add a description to the photo.

Wearing my silver/gray Akoya Keshi 3-strand necklace and new Tahitian green pendant today. The coloring on the picture, like so many others photos we take, just doesn't do justice to this amazing Tahitian pearl. It is the most lovely shade of dark green/gray. I also made some earring enhancers out of the leftover Keshi; I couldn't just let those sit in a box! They connect to a post earring with a tiny gold jump ring. They sort of look like waterfalls off the ear into the necklace. I was surprised how expensive these little Akoya Keshi pearls are, but was happy to find enough strands at one vendor to make a 3-strand necklace with this unique 18K white gold lobster clasp.
So many pearls, so little time (and money).:ROFLMAO:
IMG_2293 (2).JPG
IMG_2294 (2).JPG

Wearing my silver/gray Akoya Keshi 3-strand necklace and new Tahitian green pendant today. The coloring on the picture, like so many others photos we take, just doesn't do justice to this amazing Tahitian pearl. It is the most lovely shade of dark green/gray. I also made some earring enhancers out of the leftover Keshi; I couldn't just let those sit in a box! They connect to a post earring with a tiny gold jump ring. They sort of look like waterfalls off the ear into the necklace. I was surprised how expensive these little Akoya Keshi pearls are, but was happy to find enough strands at one vendor to make a 3-strand necklace with this unique 18K white gold lobster clasp.
So many pearls, so little time (and money).:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 464948View attachment 464949
Love the necklaces and the earrings!

It makes me so happy to see you out playing with your pearls, eolian! The Love bracelet looks great, and a perfect pairing to your necklace. Love the keshi torsade and earrings, MOPTrumpet! MOPTrumpet, the prices have gone up on every type of pearl, but can you imagine drilling all those keshi? o_O

Back