This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
    The neckline is a bit too floppy to stand up to most of my brooches. Although I have a Wedgewood stickpin that would probably work on it. Mom was into cameos and Wedgewood, which makes sense because Wedgewood looks like cameos.
    If you know how to wear a stickpin, share please! I bought an antique one with a sugarloaf sapphire intending to convert it, but it arrived with its original box and the collector in me couldn’t do it. Although now I have a stickpin that doesn’t work with anything I own.

Comment

• Pearls and skirts this weekend.

Two separate strands of Myanmar golden SS mix.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	E7D99D9F-AC71-416C-83CC-B8C20FFBE0BF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	385291

Custom Tahitian tin cup from PP

Name:	68579931-ACCF-48A0-872A-F362AA3F4589.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	385292

Comment

• Oooh, velvet ... I love velvet so much ... skids to a stop, backs up ... "TWO strands of Myanmar" ... 2??? ... TWO, there are TWO, Jeg? Wow, that strand was my favorite of all your pearls, now I have 2 favorites
        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• JEG, I'm droolling. Love the pearls. Love the skirts!

TNT from Ocean's Cove and Tahitian necklace and drop earrings with opals from Kojima. The colors just aren't showing up.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_aa7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	385293

Comment

• Jeg, an adorable outfit, and a WOW on the pearls. They look perfect on you! What is their size?

Comment

• I'm drooling, ladies, just drooling. Today was mopping day from the in & out holiday traffic & the weeks of rain we've had. Exterminator comes tomorrow & I like to have the floors really clean before he comes.

Comment

• LOVE LOVE LOVE thank you everyone for brightening my day; this thread is just PURE JOY.
                Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Everyone here has such great styling!

Comment

• Wow so many photos that I've missed ! Red - Those rings are real 'heart stoppers' - too fabulous for words.

jeg - The Burmese necklaces .... well just call me stunned They are so gorgeous. And your outfits are so darn cute !!

I love everyones pearls - and as Andrew said " great styling'
                    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• I agree, though I don’t comment often, this is a fabulous thread of lovely people wearing beautiful pearls beautifully! And cannot go without mentioning the outfits! I try to look nice in my lab coat, it’s just not the same ��
                      http://www.simplyadorned4u.etsy.com

https://www.instagram.com/simplyadorned4u/

Comment

• Thanks so much, everyone!!

BWeaves, your combination of T’s look great together!

Cathy, yes, there are two! The longer strand, (the one you saw) is the primo strand with round, perfect pearls. The shorter strand has off rounds but the same unusual coloring.

Thank you, Luvglitz! The pearls are 12-13.8mm.

Comment

• Pattye: I love the new colors of Beader's Secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2thdktr View Post
                            Would love to see that stickpin.
                            I'll try to remember to take a photo of the stickpin. Stickpins usually work great with any floppy fabric, like a scarf, or a sweater. My problem is the "head" or brooch part is usually so small that I feel like why bother. I like my brooches larger. Mom had a lot of cameos and wore them daily, so that's my look. She collected Wedgwood and had a couple brooches and the stickpin, but she rarely wore them.

Comment

• Love those Myanmar strands Jeg, can we get a closeup on those? Or do you have a tread?
                              Lovely tahitians Bweaves, mine does not show any colors either at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                                I'll try to remember to take a photo of the stickpin. Stickpins usually work great with any floppy fabric, like a scarf, or a sweater. My problem is the "head" or brooch part is usually so small that I feel like why bother. I like my brooches larger. Mom had a lot of cameos and wore them daily, so that's my look. She collected Wedgwood and had a couple brooches and the stickpin, but she rarely wore them.
                                I hear ya. But, just thinking, you always combine so nicely-- have you ever thought of wearing the Wedgwood with your blue or white akoyas? I know Wedgwood comes in other colors, but most common is blue. Wedgwood is very pretty. I'm a sucker for vintage jewelry.

Comment

Working...
                                X