Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

How tough is it to set pearls into plain stud settings? I have been eyeing some of Jac's matched pairs but terrified at the thought of setting them myself since I have never done it before and I am a clumsy person.

Also if you do order from Jac, I recommend choosing a near round/ round pair and not the circleds. The circleds have amazing colours but some aren't round enough for studs and it's hard to tell from the photos as there are no side views.

Nice studs sanippy. I've yet to try diy-ing studs. Definitely something for the future.

My pearls yesterday... also from Jac
Tahitian pearls from Jac

Kalmen that strand is gorgeous! Are they the dark multicolour mix?

Kalmen, your strand is stunning! Was that one of the multi colored strands he had assembled? If so, I believe his girlfriend (who has her own jewelry line) put those colors in place. She has an amazing eye and a gorgeous collection: http://hinerava.com

Sanippy, your studs are wonderful! Suchi, one thing to remember about making studs...measure the size of the peg before having your pearls drilled, otherwise your peg might be too large for the drill hole. Also keep in mind the size of the pearl cup to be used, if the pearls are irregularly shaped (near rounds/off rounds) you'll want to use a smaller pearl cup otherwise you may end up with gaps around the edges. And sometimes it is better to use a flatter pad than a cup, especially if the pearls are more button shaped. Finally, when ordering the backings, do pay attention to the post size as the backings have different sized openings for the post.

I've used epoxy and superglue both with wonderful success. Just remember, you only need a little bit of either...too much and you'll make a mess and have to start over, too little and the pearl won't hold properly.

Thanks Jerseypearl. I guess i will start with some FW pairs from Wen to practice.

Thank you all.
JP yes it was a matched strand he sold previously.
Thanks for sharing his gf website..she does have a good eye. I love the colours on the strand

Great studs, Sanippy!

Kalmen, gorgeous strand. I just love multicolored Tahitians.

Battah, I love your creation. Very beautiful and unique!

Sannipy--Your studs are gorgeous!

Kalmen--That is such a wonderful multicolored Tahitian strand!! I do love it and would love one like it!

(Just remember that superglue is water soluble.) I also really like hypocement for glue projects because of the fine tip.

PW I assure you I did not pay 25000. I could never afford it.
Thanks for all the love on the strand. I've not worn it for a while and forgotten how beautiful it looks.

Wow, love the keshi pieces from Hinerva, in particular the ring and bracelet. I've seen a similar ring done with small abalone. It's such a pretty look.

Back