Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to wear pearls more often!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I can actually see some of the pearls flashing their "hammering" (mottling) and this is something I love on pearls...like opalescent pearls
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Admin to Pearl-Guide.com
    Pearl Farming Specialist
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube


    Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

    Comment


    • #62
      I liked them when I got them, and then I fell in love with them. Each pearl in the bracelet has its own character. I didn’t know what to call those marks before. Every time I read a post here I learn something! You are very generous with your time and knowledge, Douglas, and I appreciate it so much. I know we all do.

      I found better photos of this bracelet that I took in late 2019. I also found the vendor photo, with my pearls being half of the strand pictured. I can recognize many the individual pearls that I received by the colors and shapes and other distinctive features. I love this about them.

      The thread in this bracelet has has stretched a lot! Time to get knotting!

      Originally posted by CortezPearls View Post
      I can actually see some of the pearls flashing their "hammering" (mottling) and this is something I love on pearls...like opalescent pearls

      Comment


      • #63
        I just went though and read this entire thread and you have some beauties, multichrome! I have some tahitians from wen too and love them.

        Comment


        • #64
          That tahitian bracelet is gorgeous. What did you do with the rest of the pearls?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Charlotta View Post
            That tahitian bracelet is gorgeous. What did you do with the rest of the pearls?
            I bought only half the strand, so that is almost all of them. They were the first I ever bought. At first I saw too many “blemishes,” because I didn’t have much experience with Tahitian pearls, but now I see so much beauty and individuality in them. I’m wearing them now. They feel kind of powerful and comforting on the arm.

            lary, thank you for your kind words. I’ve been very happy with wen’s pearls. As you know, you get what you see in the listing, and the photos are so accurate. And the prices cannot be beat.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by multichrome View Post
              I liked them when I got them, and then I fell in love with them. Each pearl in the bracelet has its own character. I didn’t know what to call those marks before. Every time I read a post here I learn something! You are very generous with your time and knowledge, Douglas, and I appreciate it so much. I know we all do.

              I found better photos of this bracelet that I took in late 2019. I also found the vendor photo, with my pearls being half of the strand pictured. I can recognize many the individual pearls that I received by the colors and shapes and other distinctive features. I love this about them.

              The thread in this bracelet has has stretched a lot! Time to get knotting!
              Looks amazing!!! Would love to have one like this

              Comment


              • #67
                You know...I used to be a teacher (18 years!) and when the pandemic struck, I was suddenly thrown out of my world (pearl farming, teaching, tour guiding). It was quite a major change during an incredibly challenging moment in history.
                Then Jeremy found me and asked me to come back to the forum (which I had "left" due to lack of time) and I have to say it has been a Blessing. So, all I can say to all of you is: THANK YOU.
                Thank you for welcoming me back, for supporting this forum that we all built (with Jeremy & Kevin), together, during all these years, and were we SHARE this great LOVE we have for our magnificent PEARL.
                Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                Admin to Pearl-Guide.com
                Pearl Farming Specialist
                Follow Me!
                Instagram
                YouTube


                Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
                Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

                Comment


                • #68
                  Douglas, it's so good to have you here and be able to chat with you.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    CortezPearls, I am always so grateful for your incredibly informative posts! Without you and all of the other amazing experts who so kindly volunteer their knowledge to this forum, I would be lost - and likely unknowingly wearing shell pearls.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Owww....shucks! (Blushing)
                      Still my privilege to be a part of this Forum and this Family of Pearl Lovers
                      Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                      Admin to Pearl-Guide.com
                      Pearl Farming Specialist
                      Follow Me!
                      Instagram
                      YouTube


                      Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
                      Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X