My pearls

Thank you Bernadette. They really should make me their pearl ambassador. That would be fun. I know that the queen often wears pearls. Lately often a Pelosi kind of mixed south sea and tahitian strand. She however does not ever mention the pearls, the tiaras and other diamond jewelry were shown on a 2 hour documentary last spring. But it sadly didn't mention the pearls.

Ick, it's snowing. Gets all slippery. Yesterday I played some with my newish ropes. I am really smitten by that white south sea rope. The luster is amazing and the shapes are fun. Some of the big pearls have some green and blue overtones and the occational faint green or blue band around them. Most of these pearls are from Pearlescence.
_20210102_140446.jpg
It looks especially good with my ombre blue circled tahitian rope from cmw pearls.
_20210102_140352.jpg
That blue ombre rope is another one I love. It turned out so great and with very little effort.
_20210102_140733.jpg
The blue rope with my new akoya rope.
_20210102_140759.jpg
The akoya rope is great for layering. The silvery blue akoyas are from Pearlescence, the silver tahitians from Cees, one blue green tahitian pearl are from cmw pearls and the rest of them are from my leftover pile. With my south sea rope.
_20210102_140904.jpg
And with my ombre tahitian rope from Cees.
_20210102_140824.jpg
I also took some photos of my new tahitian rope but the light was so faint that the photos didn't really do it justice. The silvery blue akoya rope looks great though.
_20210102_141010.jpg
_20210102_140944.jpg
And I really do love my new waverope that I made with vintage akoya pearls and blue green tahitians from cmw pearls. I accually wore it twice this week.
_20210102_140657.jpg
I have also been playing with those carved octopus pearls. I had never seen a carved pearl before, they are quite interesting. I wouldn't want a whole strand but perfect as pendants. With my circled golden south sea bracelet, the vermeil bead that holds the knot is from agustus-collection as is the carved pendants.
_20210102_141236.jpg
I couldn't decide what earrings to wear with them, so I used these deep golden south sea studs from Oceanscove and matchen the findings and chain.
_20210102_141317.jpg
Backside
_20210102_141420.jpg
They would look great as a mismatched pair of earrings if the bail had been turned, but then I couldn't use them as pendants. I could add a jumpring but I don't think that that would look good.
A photo of my newish mixed sizes tahitian rope from my arcive. The pearls are mostly from Cees, with some pearls from Druzydesign.
_20201219_155657.jpg
I really like this one as well. Mostly my new ropes are around 40 inches, this one is 45 inches long, except for my ombre blue tahitian rope, that is 30,5 inches. The blue ombre is made out of 4 bracelets, that's why.

Today I am wearing my 45 inches long mixed sizes tahitian rope. I call this one 5 Bracelets and more, since I cut apart 5 bracelets to make it and added some pearls from my leftover pile. They were originally one strand and one rope from Cees and one bracelet from Druzydesign. The rope looks best with my blue grey tahitian huggies. The pearls are originally from Pearlsociety, but I have remade them a lot and the huggies are from Pearlescence. Very useful those huggies. I have made lots of pairs to go with them. Maybe it's not that obvious but I have made color groups with the pearls, pairing the bigger and smaller pearls that have somewhat the same color or shade.
_20201219_160532.jpg
I moved the pearls around a lot and did restring it once to remove 3 pearls that didn't harmonice with the others.
_20210103_141125.jpg
_20210103_141200.jpg
I am also thinking about restring my 7-8mm tahitian strand from Druzydesign with that gold clasp from Pearlescence instead of the keshistrands. That 7-8mm strand is 27 inches long so it's a good lenght for pendants.
_20201107_140309.jpg
I took this one today buy it's a bit blue, the light disappeared quickly. I took this one just 15 minuters after the rope photos.
_20210103_140142.jpg

I am enjoying all your new projects and recreations, Charlotta! Happy playing!

Exquisite necklaces...and just like Linda: I LOVE the carved pearl octopi! Where did you get those?

Thank you Jeg, linda.wald and CortezPearls. I got those octopus pendants from agustus-collection on ebay. They have had edison ones for a while but purple, peach or pink isn't my favorite color. I prefer salt water pearls (except for my rainbow strand that is). Just before christmas they had some gorgeous octopus pendants carved from tahitians and south seas. I think that there were some golden ones as well. All with gemstone eyes. I both these two the same day. I also discovered that their fast shipping with DHL, really is fast. 6 days to sweden, during christmas. That’s unheard of. Usually I have to wait for a month or more. Fast shipping with USPS is really slow. I am still waiting for my keshistrands that I bought 5 december. I ordered 3 carved moldavite beads from agustus-collection as well, they arrived today. Very pretty, it's to dark to take photos now. For my green gemstones and some pearls strand. Only have to wait for my other green gemstones...

Thank you! I will check his store out :) their look is very appealing to me.

CortezPearls, I was pleasantly surpriced the first time I bought that carved sealife bead, made out of pink queen conch shell last summer. I turned that into an enhancer creating a pin in one part of one of my clasps with silver wire that I twisted (very fiddly it was). With my metallic freshwater pair from Pearllunar on my Pearlescence huggies.
_20200829_140117.jpg
Mostly I use the sealife enhancer with my smokey pink tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20200829_140049.jpg
I also bought a apricot trumpet shell scarab pendant from agustus-collection shortly after. This time I bought the pendant with the bail. With some vintage gemstone earrings.
_20200905_151526.jpg
Then I continued my carved quest with all those carved skulls, scarabs and beads some months ago. The ones that I use in my stretch bracelets to cover the knot. Such intricate details.
_20201107_135349.jpg
_20201108_125532.jpg
Some of these have been cut apart and sacrificed for my remakes, the pearls that is. But I will make new ones, soon.
_20201107_135243.jpg
_20201107_135554.jpg
But I hadn't seen carved pearls before. They are just gorgeous and have their own personality.
_20210102_141511.jpg
Just look at their little heads.

Last edited:
I'm also happy to vouch for Agustus-collection - have gotten lots of stuff from them over the years, they are honest, great communication, reasonable shipping charges - always a pleasure to deal with!

Sheri

Thank you Charlotta! They seem to have quite a collection of carved goods there...now I am more than interested :D
My wife and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary 4 days ago and I'm looking for something to give to her...no time pressure since we are still under voluntary lockdown and we are not going out at all, but hopefully this Summer we will all be able to roam freely and by then I wish I can get her something nice :)

CortezPearls, congratulations on your anniversary. I think your wife will love something special picked out by you, and you have the time really choose without a rush. I also hope that we will be able to do those little things we took for granted before soon, like hugging the children or accually go into a store and buy the things we need instead of ordering everything except for food online. I haven't been in a gardenshop in forever for example. During 2020 I have come to realise that I don't need much, except for pearls that is... I have found a lot right here at home shopping my own stash. Funnily enough I already had several close to identical items that I wanted to buy but decided to check my closet first. For example, my favorite handbag broke. After much searching online I found one I liked only to discover that I had one almost exactly identical right at home. Only thing of clothing that I bought during 2020 was one new cashmere sweater (in a darker kind of beige that goes with all my pearls) and some socks. We have bought more food though, since I cook everything for us now, even lunch for work. I have been practicing a lot to recreate our favorite resturant food. Lately sushi. I am getting quite proficient. I am thankful that none in my family has lost their work or income, some of the children accually getting new and better jobs. But I do miss the freedom of just going places and seeing people. Smallest cat loves playing with our bedding material...with her claws...I had to order new ones online. I hope that they are not to ugly or itchy.

Cortez Pearls, congratulations on your anniversary!!

Charlotta, love all the necklaces and specially the two octopus charms, so pretty and different!! Such a nice hobby that you have with all your projects!!

Thank you Charlotta & LilPearl! :)
My wife deserves all Praise for being able to handle me for 25 years (and the previous 4 we had dating) ;)

Thank you Lilpearl. Today I made my mixed sizes tahitian rope even longer. It's now 56,5 inches and I made it endless so that I don't have to think about the clasp.

My small tahitian keshi strands finally arrived after being somewhere with the swedish postal service for a month. I ordered two strands from Druzydesign to make a rope/chain to use mainly with my tahitian keshi tassel. The keshis are about 3-7mm,very difficult to measure these ones. Since most were in the silvery range of color, from white to almost black I made it an endless ombre rope. The tassel is an enhancer so I don't need a clasp. Without a clasp I can twirl it around however I want to. The tassel is slightly ombre as well. The rope is about 33 inches long and I knotted it with serafil in mist. The photos aren't the greatest. I show you why.
_20210116_180538.jpg
It's one of the windows in the outdoor room at the summercabin. We were there checking it out. The sun was shining as well, and that makes the photos a bit glass-looking I think. New tasselchain.
_20210116_181001.jpg
_20210116_181111.jpg
_20210116_181457.jpg
_20210116_181420.jpg
It's prettier in real life. The photos of my mixed sizes tahitian rope, the 56,5 inches long don't look so good either. This is how they are arranged.
_20210116_182243.jpg
_20210116_182418.jpg
More photos when there are no sun and also no frost...

Last edited:
Oh, Charlotta now you have a keshi rope too!!! And an ombre oneat that !!! Wow, very very pretty, I love the irregular funky keshi shapes, they make a very special necklace.
And of course the 56:5 inch rope is simply amazing! And the window photo is so dreamy...

Way to go, another beautiful series of photographs! Thank you so much.

Those are very good photos and very nice pearl jewelry :)
Love the keshi and mixed tahitians :)

Back