Pearls and diamonds

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
You can wear pearls and diamonds - The duchess of Cornwall rocked some rocks and a three strand pearl necklace with a stonking clasp last night and looks stunning
camilla.jpg

Sigh. I could age gracefully decked out like that...

Yes, Wendy, or we should do the list, and head it with Pshwar! That's my all time favorite!

Last edited:
Ooer, a new to her tiara as far as I can remember!!!

She has some very nice pearl chokers with gorgeous clasps for certain.

DK :)

May I ask something? Is it considered d?class? by women of a certain generation to brush eyebrows up?

is it a fashion of a certain era, to brush them down? Like my Nana and her fingernails. She was born in 1904. Her nails were always groomed in an almost point fashion, not very long, clear polish if any.

I brush my eyebrows up using clear mascara, as does my 17 year old daughter. They stay in place nicely all day. I thought I made up this technique! (I just realized I probably get more compliments on my eyebrows than my pearls. "Who does your eyebrows, they look so nice!" type comments.) I had no idea there was a class connotation to brushing one's eyebrows up or down! I just think it looks better on me this way.

Okay, quick googling reveals, it's a "thing"!

http://www.elle.com/news/beauty-makeup/brow-lesson-brush-up

http://www.hauteinhabit.com/brushed-up-brows/

http://www.xovain.com/how-to/brushed-up-brows

Last edited:
The tiara is a family piece - from her maternal grandmother Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe (n?e Keppel).
Talking of tiaras did you all know that only married ladies should wear tiaras? The only exception is a bride en route to her wedding.

Talking of tiaras did you all know that only married ladies should wear tiaras? The only exception is a bride en route to her wedding.

Whew! Luckily I have never had to worry about when to wear my tiara. Over here, about the only time you see them is on beauty pageant queens.

She does look wonderful , I really like her haircolour. I went to a Garden Party that they attended last year when they were visiting Adelaide. She had some fabulous pearls on.. .. seriously tasteful and attractive outfit and wonderful wide brimmed hat. I was surprised at how much more attractive she appeared in person given all the fuss about her looks. I briefly considered my tiara but as it's cardboard with pink glass jewels thought it might be a bit much for 3pm champers and watercress sandies..

Everyone who comes across her says she is both attractive and really nice and straightforward - and of course a committed pearl wearer
What pearls did you wear to the 'do' Katbran?

I too use clear mascara on my eyebrows.

Oh, Katbran PLEASE DO tell us more ... garden party, royals, jewelry ... what DID you wear ... ... ... :)

I'll have to see if I can dig out my photos from my phone lol I didn't take a camera as I felt that would be a bit tacky ... ha! I think I was the only one there without one...had to drag out my phone.
I wore a long grey floaty Eileen Fisher linen jacket over dark grey linen pants and lighter grey linen tank ... it was a bit warm but everything was pretty light weight . And for jewelry I wore Silver Tahitan tin cup on WG chain + a freshwater flameball tin cup (tiny ones 10mm but super rainbow white) on a sterling chain that I'd oxidized.. so like dark grey and white pearls) and Stuart Weitzman silver flats (standing on grass in heels...no ...... well really ... for me standing in heels at anytime is a no :) ha ) No hat ... thought about it...but not with that outfit!

Incredibly elegant study in monochromatic tones of grey ... sounds wonderful Katbran, especially the description of that tiny flameball on oxidized silver necklace!

Here are four tiara-wearing ambassadors riding on a float during a parade this past summer at the town where I have my lake home. I don't see any pearls, but I agree that the addition of pearls would look lovely. I can't tell if any of them have mascara in their eyebrows, but I would wager that none of them are married ladies.

TiaraTwo.jpg

View attachment IMG 1842

My bad in that I did not recognise the tiara DoC was wearing is her family's tiara, as in the Cubitt-Shand tiara, and she wore it for her first wedding.

Back