Split pearls necklace

Lady_Disdain

Interesting interpretation of the classic pearl necklace by Tasaki.

split pearl.jpg

The OCD in me is dismayed that the halves don't match but part of it is because the outside has an extra half pearl to encourage it to drape and highlight the split.

Thank you for explaining that. I felt uneasy as well. Funny how the brain can register something like that before it figures out what exactly????

Last edited:
Each half pearl is, I think, more than an exact half - to get the drill hole..?
I wonder what it looks like on though? Does it work or is it a piece to be seen on a stand? I sometimes think that with some rings certainly.

My first reaction was "ewww". It's almost indecent. The innards exposed.

Wow! That is both creative and unexpected! Definitively, the halves of each "pearl" must be made from not one pearl cut in half...but two different pearls cut in half to achieve this look. Love to see their innards ;)...yup, that kind of guy!

Very clever design but I agree that it’s hard looking at it, it kind of hurts seeing the innards! Personally, It looks kind of not finished, I would have framed the halves in gold or done something else to make the innards more appealing to the eye!

Very clever design but I agree that it’s hard looking at it, it kind of hurts seeing the innards! Personally, It looks kind of not finished, I would have framed the halves in gold or done something else to make the innards more appealing to the eye!

I wonder how you’d keep the nacre from flaking or cracking at the edges, with wear?

Speaking only for myself ... I applaud the creativity, but reject the wearability :)

I love the idea and I like seeing the inside of the pearls. However, I would prefer laying the necklace on my desk and staring at it instead of wearing it on my neck.

I'll wear this necklace because of its uniqueness but in no way would I be willing to pay for it! LOL

Had to come back and look at this again. Yup, still disturbing :)

LOL Marianne
And I still like it...but yes, I get it.

Back