Split pearls necklace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split pearls necklace

Interesting interpretation of the classic pearl necklace by Tasaki.

Click image for larger version

Name:	split pearl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	418003

The OCD in me is dismayed that the halves don't match but part of it is because the outside has an extra half pearl to encourage it to drape and highlight the split.
    Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes
    My blog

Thank you for explaining that. I felt uneasy as well. Funny how the brain can register something like that before it figures out what exactly????
    Last edited by lisa c; 12-01-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Each half pearl is, I think, more than an exact half - to get the drill hole..?
      I wonder what it looks like on though? Does it work or is it a piece to be seen on a stand? I sometimes think that with some rings certainly.
      Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
      www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

My first reaction was "ewww". It's almost indecent. The innards exposed.

Comment

Wow! That is both creative and unexpected! Definitively, the halves of each "pearl" must be made from not one pearl cut in half...but two different pearls cut in half to achieve this look. Love to see their innards ...yup, that kind of guy!
          Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
          Follow Me!
          Instagram
          YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
          Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Yes, I think you are right. The two center pearl "halves" seem to add up to somewhat more than a whole a pearl.
            Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes
            My blog

Comment

Very clever design but I agree that it’s hard looking at it, it kind of hurts seeing the innards! Personally, It looks kind of not finished, I would have framed the halves in gold or done something else to make the innards more appealing to the eye!

Comment

Very clever design but I agree that itís hard looking at it, it kind of hurts seeing the innards! Personally, It looks kind of not finished, I would have framed the halves in gold or done something else to make the innards more appealing to the eye!

Comment

I think the edges of the cut pearls would feel scratchy.

Comment

Interesting. But it really bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                      I think the edges of the cut pearls would feel scratchy.
                      If you give them a bit of polishing they could even be glass-smooth
                      Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                      Follow Me!
                      Instagram
                      YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
                      Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

I wonder how you’d keep the nacre from flaking or cracking at the edges, with wear?

Comment

Well...I woun't put that on my wishlist...

Comment

Speaking only for myself ... I applaud the creativity, but reject the wearability
                            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Cool and disturbing at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X