Wedding Dress With 99,999 Pearls Sparkles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Dress With 99,999 Pearls Sparkles

A romantic Chinese man took a year to make his bride a dazzling wedding gown which was decorated with 99,999 pearls.

As the number nine has the same pronunciation as "long-term or forever", this wedding gown Peng Yu made contains the meaning of loving his bride forever.

Peng Yu (58) had the wedding this April 12th, after his first wife died years ago. And the bride, Yang Pingzhi was quite touched in wearing this wedding gown made with 99,999 pearls.

Peng runs a pearl company in Beihai, southern China's Guangxi Province. Peng explained: "Two years ago, when Yang agreed to marry me, I started to think what surprise I should give her?"

Peng finally decided to make a very special wedding gown.

Peng invited a Hong Kong designer to make the gown, and bought 99,999 light water pearls to make this gown.

The pearls were sewn onto the gown with the help of seven friends of the bride, and just the pearl sewing part took the seven sisters a year to finish.

The final wedding gown weighs nine kilos.

Last month, Peng applied to the British World Guinness Office for a record for the dress with the most pearls.
    not sure what a "light water" pearl is though
    Kevin Canning
    Pearls Of Joy
    www.PearlsOfJoy.com
    Read My Blog
    FaceBook Fan Page
    1-800-451-1411

My weird brains comes up with thoughts like "what are they going to do with the pearls afterwards?" and "I bet I would have tripped and ripped the trail". But that aside, it must have been amazing to have been married in that dress.

- Karin

Comment

If my math is correct, that dress weighted almost 20 lbs!
      Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

What a flash back to QEI for solid pearl dresses.
        20 pounds of pearls on your wedding dress. I bet she needed a couple of bridesmaids for that.
        That dress is one for the records!
        Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

Wow! Lots of work to do!

Comment

Hi............
            Nice to meet you.Can you share the pic of that Wedding Dress witch weight is 99,999 Pearls Sparkles?
            I wanna see that dress.So please share as soon as possible.
            I am in waiting.

Comment

Here is a link to the photo of the dress http://www.weirdasianews.com/2011/04...-99999-pearls/

And welcome to pearl-Guide, Bionec.
              Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

"The wedding gown weighs nine kilos (about 18 pounds) of 99,999 light water pearls"

A new kind of pearls? LOL
                Nora

Comment

fantasy bra 2011

I don't intend to offend anyone with this post ; purely for documentation, given our collective interest in all things pearls:
                  http://www.bornrich.com/entry/victor...asy-bra-debut/

Victoria?s Secret much-awaited fantasy bra encrusted with jewels has made its debut at the Victoria?s Secret 2011 fashion show. The $2.5 Million Dollar Fantasy Bra was modeled by Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr, who flaunted her toned post-baby body much like Heidi Klum?s Victoria?s Secret catwalk back in 2008. This year?s diamond bra named the ?Fantasy Treasure Bra,? is aqua colored, and boasts nearly 3,400 precious gems, including 142 carats of white and yellow diamond, pearls, citrines, aquamarines set in bright 18 karat white and yellow gold. The center of the bra holds two large white diamonds each an astonishing 8 carats with two 14 carat yellow diamonds to give it a more opulent look. The bra is made by Long Island?s London Jewelers.
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BaliBotanika

Comment

Great Documentation!!! I like the dimples.
                    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

Working...
                    X