4-strand Freshwater choker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kevin
    How did you lenghten the other strands? May we have the lrngth for the other three strands? My daughter's friend has been bugging me for one of those in black pearls, but I would have to do some experimenting to get the lengths proportional.
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

Caitlin I believe the breakdown was 14.5,15.5,16.5,17.5 but of course I could never string pearls with my meat hooks for hands.

Basically the instructions to the stringer was to have the inner strand 14.5 " and add 3 additional rows whatever those lengths worked out to be.

My daughter's friend has been bugging me for one of those in black pearls
      Now that would be an interesting piece.
      Kevin Canning
      Pearls Of Joy
      www.PearlsOfJoy.com
      Read My Blog
      FaceBook Fan Page
      1-800-451-1411

Comment

Caitlin,
        Please post some pictures of the necklace after you make it. I would love to see it done in black pearls.
        Pearllove

Comment

Wow, that looks grand. Perfect with an off shoulder dress!
          Wishlist: 13mm GSSP earrings

Comment

I love the thought of a tiara on the golf course. Your sarcasm, as well as your creativity is showing again!! Whilst my husband is an occasional golfer only, my 21 year old son is totally addicted - i will pass on your comments to his long suffering gorgeous girlfriend - it will definitely make her day!

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin View Post
              Hi Kevin
              How did you lenghten the other strands? May we have the lrngth for the other three strands? My daughter's friend has been bugging me for one of those in black pearls, but I would have to do some experimenting to get the lengths proportional.
              Hi Caitlin,
              I think that 1 cm in between might be a tiny bit too short. I did a 3-row with baroque Akoyas, each row has a little bit larger Akoyas and in terms of pearls it was: 45, 45, 52 pearls.
              In terms of length it was approx. 39 cm, 42 cm and 45 cm (this necklace lies perfectly tigth together evn though the difference in length is so pronounced). I had to restring it 3 times before I was satisfied. I perhaps should also mention that the clasp is in the middle front, it is a cam? and the silverbezel has 3loops on each side, they are exactly the same distance from each other, hope You understand what I mean...

Inge
              Last edited by jerin; 04-04-2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X