• Show
Clear All

• bluidragon
    replied
    I love the overtones.

Leave a comment:

• BlackPearlDudeDC
    replied
    If that was for my picture, thank you! They are lovely. There are one or two pearls that I really really wanted take off for my loose gem collection, but I could not break up their necklace to get at them.

Originally posted by Pearly-Whites View Post
    I agree, some of the most stunning "Klonks" or "Wilmas" I have ever seen!! They are beautiful and rare and you are lucky to be their caretaker!!

Leave a comment:

• Pearly-Whites
    replied
    I agree, some of the most stunning "Klonks" or "Wilmas" I have ever seen!! They are beautiful and rare and you are lucky to be their caretaker!!

Leave a comment:

• BlackPearlDudeDC
    replied
    You are the 1st on the list!

Originally posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    BPDDC should you ever tire....

Leave a comment:

• JerseyPearl
    replied
    BPDDC should you ever tire....

Leave a comment:

• GemGeek
    replied
    Alluring is right. Statement size, too!

Leave a comment:

• BlackPearlDudeDC
    replied
    These are nothing like those super symmetrical Klonks. I thought the Luster was alluring on them so I had to have them for my loose gem collection:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Klonks2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	373080

Leave a comment:

• Frost Me
    replied
    Pearlas & Baby Nurse, yours strands are huge, loving this thread, love the color BN!

Thanks ladies, all of your comments are appreciated, Purr Kalmen22,

Caitlin, Thank you for your comments and input. I had no idea 10 years in the water, I knew it was at least 7years. That is a lot of time and years for miss-haps.

Jersey Pearl, I always look at what Cees' has uncovered and currently offering on his site.

Cees' keep your passion!

MSC, start looking! I wish more ladies would post about their large all nacre freshwaters.

Pearl Dreams thank you!
    Last edited by Frost Me; 08-14-2016, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    Wow, Frost Me and Cees, a gorgeous strand!

Leave a comment:

• MSC
    replied
    What a gorgeous necklace!!! I think a klonk will have to go on my ever growing wish list....

Leave a comment:

• Cees
    replied
    Thank you for all your compliments. Pearls are an addiction and searching for them gives me a lot of energy. As South Sea pearls do cost so much, it is so nice to be able to find excellent alternatives and Fresh Water cultured pearls have nowadays those. The luster and surface is good and white pearls with pink overtones is also possible. The Chinese however do not have the same criteria about pearls being round and that makes it bit more difficult to accept strands which are offered. Luckily some wholesales allow pearls to be changed on the spot so that a more beautiful strand is created. I am flattered and that I am able to do this, because my quantities are small. However I admire Hisano and Jeremy, Kevin and Alana a lot. They show me beautiful pearls on the Fair and when I see beautiful ones, I show them.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyPearl
    replied
    I agree...beautiful strand! I have always admired Cees' eye for beautiful pearls. Your strand is exceptional and appears to compliment you wonderfully. Enjoy them always!

Leave a comment:

• Caitlin
    replied
    Originally posted by MSC View Post
    Do farms even produce the large size in non-beaded?
    I love klonks! So glad to see one!!!! And such a beautiful one.

The big pearls that are solid nacre take ten years to grow. Now that nucleated klonks are more and more available, they only take 18 months or so to grow. My personal opinion is that ten year klonks are going to get rare in short order and they are already rare, even before the new nucleated pearls. So that is a rare find already and probably next to impossible to find in another few years.

Sorry about my garbled sentence structure, I am just so in awe of that strand. As good as a natural, in my opinion.

I think that is the most beautiful klonk ever seen on Pearl-Guide!!!

Leave a comment:

• kalmen22
    replied
    Frost me.. they just look wow on you. you must be enjoying them tremendously

Leave a comment:

• Purranha
    replied
    Wow Frost Me - that strand's shape is so smooth and eye-round that it totally looks bead nucleated and not tissue nucleated! That must make it extra extra rare. It looks gorgeous!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X