Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to choose a white metallic freshwater strand ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the bottom strand best. The luster is higher, and the varied undertones make it look more interesting.

I like the top pair of studs the best, and the bottom pair next.

They all look quite round to me.

Comment

Bottom strand and bottom studs for me!

Comment

I see that the bottom one has more luster, how much do you think the color difference would show on skin? I want this for a classic look, would it still look classic?

Also the bottom strand in bigger, I'm starting to like the bigger ones better already

Comment

Pearl Dreams, thank you so much for reposting the link! I was tryinf to find pictures on my phone while I replied but I could not find them since I just switched over to the new phone

dornab, from the top picture of your most recent post - the bottom strand is my most favorite (boy I like them all though). This might sound odd to you but i like the bottom ones the most because of the mismatching understone of them -- to me they show true beauty of pearl being organic jewels and no two pearls are exactly alike! In fact, mine have diffent undertones in one strand too. I absolutely agree with many pearl friends here that green undertone will shine better on skin. But again, best would probably to try them on and see which strand fits you best.

As far as sizes, I too have pearl shrinkage syndrome! Being quite petite (5.3", 100lbs) I thought 7.5-8mm pearl would do but now my 9-9.9mm strand seem too small

Comment

Myizzkie, do you have a neck shot of the strand with different undertones? It's not your freshadama metallic, right? I don't see different tones in that.

Comment

dornab,

I think the varied tones will look amazing. It will make the strand look real. The problems with a strand where every pearl is alike is that fake pearl strands also have every pearl look alike. People who wear top grade round pearls sometimes find that people think they are wearing fakes. Ironic.

If you want to read more threads with photos of people's metallic white strands, use this link. Type "metallic white" into the search field and it will bring up threads about metallic white FW pearls on Pricescope's pearl forum:

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/search-google.php

Comment

dornab -- unfortunately weather today is so gloomy, bad light for picture. I dug through my old pictures and found these;

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	370319

Name:	IMG_1151.jpg
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	370320

Name:	IMG_1152.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	370321

Name:	IMG_1153.jpg
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	370322

The middle strand is the Metallic Freshadama. I attached all for you to see different colortones of them through out the strand

and here is the neckshot - colortones only show under sunlight

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 16.13.36.jpg
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	370323

Comment

Goodness, Mizzkie, that's gorgeous!

@Dornab, I don't know what your budget is but I usually grapple with the give and take between cost and level of perfection. For example, I'm pretty sure my metallic white rope would cost a pretty penny more if the pearls were round rather than off-round. But since you can't tell at regular viewing distance, I'd rather have the lower price point. I haven't priced freshadama-grade metallics of the size and length you're considering but you might want to check on it, if it will figure in on your decision to buy now or wait. Hope you'll post a neck shot!

Comment

Mizzkie, thanks for the pics! I hadn't noticed that your strand is multi-colored in the neck shots! I'm getting the multi-colored one

Sea Urchin, I don't have a budget but I'm too excited to wait that long.

They told me the earrings are 7-8mm, I was looking for 8-9mm, so I will probably get some other choices for those, will post it when I do.

Comment

I prefer the top pair .of earring as I feel lustre is better. (I'm assuming there have all been matched to your necklace strands ? )

I do see a difference in the pearl colours in the bottom strand. In the top photo ..are they all the same three strands ? Personally the pearls that don't match would bother me.
                      Last edited by Katbran; 10-29-2016, 07:48 PM.
                      https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                      https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

I like the middle strand (good luster and a bit rounder, and nicely matched), and the top pair for the studs.

Comment

Sea Urchin (love the name! -- thanks to PP esp Hisano who was able to find these gorgeous babies for me and many other pearl lovers!

dornab -- yes the same strand do not show undertones on my skin as much as on white paper towel and when wear - they reflect different color under different lighting (white bathroom, yellow living room, sunlight) and more so to these metallic freshwater than other white pearls I have. I am so excited for you with your new purchase. Please share pictures so we can admire (and drooling over) them too

Comment

I might get the middle strand for my mom's birthday!

I got the pics for the studs, what do you think?

Name:	White Metallic Stud Comparison NATURAL.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	370384Click image for larger version

Name:	White Metallic Stud Comparison STUDIO.jpg
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	370385

Comment

I like all three pairs! I'm leaning towards the first or third, although the third do look smaller? You can't go wrong with any of them.

Comment

I like #1 .. I like the lustre and the size
                                https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                                https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Working...
                                X