pearls in beijing

A

amilas

Im going on a trip to beijing next week and was wondering if anyone knew if there is any place there that I can find Mikimoto pearls. I'm living in Hong Kong right now and know I can get them here but I was just sort of hoping I could get them cheaper there. Do they even have any salt water or cultured pearls there or are they mostly freshwater?

Hi Amilas,

Pearl plated beads with various chemical treatments generally cost the same worldwide when they come with a certain brand name. You will probably do best to buy your bleached, dyed, tumbled, oiled, and vapor-deposition mirrored pearl plated beads in Hong Kong. The Beijing market typically focusses on genuine cultured pearls not Mikimoto beads.

Zeide

In other words, you are not going to find Mikimoto pearls in Beijing. Even if you did, the price will always be the same.
If you are simply looking for Akoya pearls, that is a different story. But if you are looking for a brand name you may as well shop at home.

I think in zhuji ,zhejiang there are pearl farms can provide the pearls you required .

Back