Your thoughts on this Mikimoto piece please

Lovemiki

Hi, just got my hands on this necklace and would like your thoughts on it please. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 147
Beautiful!!! One thing I learned is that when restringing Mikimoto Pearls, if you want them to maintain their true value, you need to send them to Mikimoto for restringing. And unfortunately that is expensive. However, you can have them restrung by a jeweler or by yourself, but you run the risk of decreasing their value. Nice that you have all the paperwork. That truly adds to the value of this lovely strand. They do look like they need restringing...you wouldn't want to risk the strand breaking when it is worn. Was this an estate find?

Last edited:
Triple strands are hard to restring and have them nest well. I'd send them to Mikimoto. They'd clean up the clasp too. It's hard to clean silver when pearls are involved.

Triple strands are hard to restring and have them nest well. I'd send them to Mikimoto. They'd clean up the clasp too. It's hard to clean silver when pearls are involved.
I will have to bring it with me the next time in NYC for a quote. I have not decide if I wanted to keep or pass it on.

Beautiful!!! One thing I learned is that when restringing Mikimoto Pearls, if yoiu want them to maintain their true value, you need to send them to Mikimoto for restringing. And unfortunately that is expensive. However, you can have them restrung by a jeweler or by yourself, but you run the risk of decreasing their value. Nice that you have all the paperwork. That truly adds to the value of this lovely strand. They do look like they need restringing...you wouldn't want to risk the strand breaking when it is worn. Was this an estate find?
Thank you so much. Yes, I love collecting Mikimoto pieces. The pearls are a bit smaller than I’m used to. I have not decide to keep it or pass it on.

So gorgeous pearl necklace piece. I like the locking system of this necklace. It looks very unique to me.

Very beautifully matched triple strand. With the paper work they should be very valuable. When restringing , remove all three strand from the clasp, but lie them flat exactly as they were on the clasp. Clean the clasp likeyou would anny silver. Start restringing by keeping each pearl in its original place, so remove them one by one and restring them directly. Start at one end attached to the clasp at the exact ring as in the original.This will ensure that the 3 strands will lei perfect as in the original.

Back