who can help me to tell what pearls I have?

castillos

I was told that this pearls are very special and have an important value. Its a gift of thr family. CIMG0665.jpgCIMG0655.jpg

Welcome to Pearl-guide, Castillos,

Have the pearls been in the family a long time? Where do you live? What is the story of the pearls? Could you please put up a picture showing the pearls closer up? They look very unusual. Are they a golden color? How large are they?

I agree with Pattye. We need to see more and closer up photos. We need the closeups to see more detail.

If the pearls are old, they were restrung. The clasp and cover beads are both exactly what I have been using for the last decade or two, which may indicate that the pearls are from the same time frame. In the early days of cultured freshwater pearls, the shapes were similar to these, though these seem larger than most from the early days of fw culturing.

I noticed they all have a raised V texture to them and are almost identical. Either they were graded and strung from a huge pool of pearls for matches, (or worse) my suspicions suggest they might be faux.

As the other posters mentioned, we will need better images. Likewise any paperwork, hallmarks or provenance.

it would be strange to me that they would be faux, normally they don't try to make fake pearls with huge pits and and potato shapes.

More then likely they are some sort of cultured freshwater pearl, more details are needed.

Back