Where to Buy Custom Strand?

Kaththee

I am interested in commissioning a custom strand of ombre pearls that shade from gray to white and even perhaps to black or even a single black pearl. I have seen some done by Mikimoto and quite a few strands of faux but I want real pearls and the Miki ombre strands are out of my price range. Does anyone know someone who could put together such a strand in freshwater pearls or would the matching process involved too tedious to be practical? If this is the wrong place to ask, please forgive me and redirect me.

Not in freshwater pearls, however, Pearl Paradise has some in Akoyas mixed with Tahitians.

DK :)

kaththee,

It's a great idea for a necklace. You might call a few of the online shops to see if they could make something like that up. When I've bought multi color strands of freshwaters (not ombre) they have been matched in China as they are strung, rather like a graduated strand would be. The ombre strands Pearl Paradise made were very unique and gorgeous. I'll go take a look at the Miki strands.

Kaththee,

It's a great idea for a necklace. You might call a few of the online shops to see if they could make something like that up. When I've bought multi color strands of freshwaters (not ombre) they have been matched in China as they are strung, rather like a graduated strand would be. The ombre strands Pearl Paradise made were very unique and gorgeous. I'll go take a look at the Miki strands. Is this the one you like?

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/the-get-mikimotos-avenir-necklace/

Kaththee,

It's a great idea for a necklace. You might call a few of the online shops to see if they could make something like that up. When I've bought multi color strands of freshwaters (not ombre) they have been matched in China as they are strung, rather like a graduated strand would be. The ombre strands Pearl Paradise made were very unique and gorgeous. I'll go take a look at the Miki strands. Is this the one you like?

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/the-get-mikimotos-avenir-necklace/

Oh yes! That is the first strand I saw and loved. I have seen another one by Mikimoto without the black pearls (just gray and white) but the one from Pearl Paradise which is stunning was new to me. I love them all but even the relatively affordable one from Pearl Paradise is more than I wanted to spend. Plus I think I want a 16 inch single strand. I saw an ombre strand on Etsy in blue that wasn't quite what I wanted. I really respond to the white and grayish silver pearls. It sounds like it needs to be strung in China. I wish I could go myself and get them myself but I can't picture that happening. I will look around for a online pearl business willing to do it. I appreciate everyone's advice and direction. Thank you so much!

I did see some of the Pearl Paradise ombre strands in person~stunning and unique!

I can see how a white-gray-black strand could easily be done with Swarovski imitation pearls, because the mm size is consistent and one could purchase individual numbers of pearls. But I also understand that isn't what you want.

Back