What kind of Pearls do I have?

edrodrivaz

Collector of Pearls
Hi all

Please my question is what kind of pearls do I have?

Attachments

• flowers in Takaroa
    flowers in Takaroa
    25.8 KB · Views: 40
  • The days harvest
    The days harvest
    39 KB · Views: 41
  • farming huts in Palawan
    farming huts in Palawan
    48.1 KB · Views: 35
Where'd you get it, what size pearls, what kind of metal?

Can I have it when you're done?

How about abalone pearls?

Hi Pattye! If only I didn't mean it, sigh....

Ugh, I should've put my usual disclaimer up front - this is why my moniker is PerpetualPearlStudent!

OK. I've got humility to spare, lots of experience laughing at my ignorance, haven't had a new pair of glasses in 4yrs and I'm on a notepad, so this'll make you laugh - let me tell you what I first thought - I thought I saw some reddish glow and I thought "No way! Those can't be SofC naturals...can they? plus the cross setting is kind of popular lately... " ( laughing at self).

Then I thought of that huge collection of abalone that antz had. Some of those were pretty dark, but the shapes were waaaay more irregular than in the cross.

So what are you guys thinking? Dyed FW? are pearls dyed undrilled or half-drilled? I wonder how.

Last edited:
Hi Caitlin
If these pearls are freshwater I have no problem
Hi Lisa c
I was offered these pearls. Measures of these pearls are 7 and 8 (mm). And the metal is gold

Last edited:
Hi Ed, Wow! The pearls are bigger than I imagined they were.

(Oh, my silly imagination! Until I dragged out my ruler I was picturing those big crosses and crucifixes that used to swing forward when the Nuns and priests bent over... but I was little then, and they looked huge to me.)

Last edited:
Hi
A photo more of these pearls

Attachments

• 20130505_192158.jpg
    20130505_192158.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 35
Back