What is wrong with this auction copy?

Zeide Erskine said:
Hi Folks,

I was browsing the web and found this: http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/view?id=1018292

Now what do you think about this auction copy?

Zeide

Isn't 'Freshadama' a trade name?

The rest just doesn't make much sense at all... it would, for someone who might drop the cash based on skimming the text for key words such as 'hand made', 'Japanese' and 'silk' rather than actually reading it. Upon further analysis, the whole web page look like an exhibit of electronic art rather than commercial advertising: perhaps a theoretical exibit of Da-Da and suprarealist literature to exemplify the borderline intelligible :eek:

They took the text from (what I believe) is one of our item descriptions and slaughtered it. It should read something like... the beauty of a complete set of Tahitians without paying a fortune... or something to that effect.
I like the way they threw in freshadama without knowing what it was. Also, they state 14k clasp in one place and overlay in another. I would bet quite a bit of money that the necklaces were not strung in Canada either. At $10 per strand he must be paying Ms. Canada about $4 per hour to string them up...

That is a freakin weird and disgusting bunch of gibberish.
Pattye

Well, they are also advertising a "lavender" necklace but the copy says "Each beautiful AA+ quality Cream pearl..."

:D

But my favorite is in the Q&A section - speaking of the individual that strings the pearls: "She is a GIA creative jewelry design and manufacturing graduate and if that wasn’t enough she is also a former Miss Canada..."

Oh, now I am sold.

Last edited:
I love the fact that he's in the jewellery industry and has been dealing with pearls for over a decade, but looking at his other stock he also deals in phones, playstations and digital cameras.

Oh, and does the highly educated Miss Canada hand string 4000 strands every two months? If I had paid nearly $30,000 for those two diplomas I think I'd be doing something better with my time! :D

Back