Vintage Mikimoto Pearls...Some information Possibly??? :)

aundrea

2014-04-15 13.24.34.jpg

Hello there...
First I would like to say, thank you for all your assistance! <3
While digging through an estate I am helping clear...this little beauty was in the trash. (It was wrapped in paper that was broken down)
I first noticed it was "something" when I saw the silk "clutch" style envelope. Next, I saw a delicate Ivory tab that closed this envelope style "pocket"
Then was the silk "MIKIMOTO PEARLS" tag in the upper left corner...and then, Viola, the beauty of this untouched strand.
Sterling Clasp..

So can somebody tell me about the era/age of this strand?
It appears that many of Mikimoto vintage are sold in "boxes"...this one is in a silk envelope style clutch.

Any assistance would be great!

Aundrea

Hello Aundrea and welcome,

There are some here on the forum who know lots more than I would about vintage Mikimotos. We'd love to see more close up photos if possible. A very nice find, if you ask me!

Close up photos would allow us to somewhat evaluate the condition of the pearls, if the silk is stretched, that sort of thing. The pearls would be cultured Akoya; the older pearls generally had thicker nacre than the average akoya pearls nowadays have. This seems to be a typical graduated strand, what is the length, please, and approx. size of the smallest and largest pearls in millimeters?

Hopefully some of the Miki lovers here on the forum will check in soon with their opinion.

Back