Vintage Mikimoto assistance needed!

klatopol

Hello! I have recently come into some Mikimoto pearls. One set has been recently restrung with knots and is in the original box, and is approximately 5mm and 15". The second strand is likely on the original strand, 3mm and 17" with knots only on the first few pearls. I got them from a family member, and I'm unsure of whether or not I want to keep them. Based on the family member, and the other jewelry in her collection, I believe them to be authentic. I'm unsure of whether they are valuable as they are vintage. Both appear to be in good condition with thick nacre, and nice luster, with very few flaws. I've considered getting them appraised, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm attaching some photos. IMG_7129 (1).JPGIMG_7131 (1).JPGIMG_7125.JPGFullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpgIMG_7256.JPG

Those are lovely. You can contact Mikimoto directly if you want more information, or have them restrung.

Welcome, klatopol,

Pretty pearls! You might check out RubyLane.com for comps. Probably not high enough value to have appraisals done. Both strands have value however.

If you decide to keep them, please know pearls have never been more in style! These smaller strands can often be worn layered or with an enhancer/pendant for a bolder, personalized look, or restrung with your favorite gemstones.

Back