Valuation Process

Monramos143

I would like to know what the process is to get an appraisal for a Natural Giant Clam Pearl

Natural Giant Clam Pearl | Aragonite Certified | 17 Kilos Certified | Dated 1607 BC (Miami, Fl USA)

Quantity: 1 piece

Weight: 17.2 Kilos

Dimensions: 38 x 28 x 16.5 cm

Environment: Salt Water

Identification: Natural Ture Giant Fossilized Clam Pearl

Mollusc: Tridacna Gigas

Origin: Palawan, Philippines

Shape: Clam

Body Color: Generally white and yellow to brown coloration

Treatment: No indications of Treatment

Lustre: Low to medium

Classification: Fossilized Natural - Non nacreus clam pearl embedded in the shell

Material: Aragonite

The owner has sent to me a pdf of relevant paperwork

Valuation ProcessValuation Process

Classification: Fossilized Natural - Non nacreus clam pearl embedded in the shell

Material: Aragonite

A contradiction in terms.

Treatment: No indications of Treatment

Incorrect. It's a cut and polished shell.

This is not a clam pearl

It's not fossilized either.

One might think after all these years, this nonsense would end, but no. I'm glad you don't delete these posts, allowing them to stand for the world to see how fraudulent and embarrassing this antic is.

A contradiction in terms.

Incorrect. It's a cut and polished shell.

It's not fossilized either.

One might think after all these years, this nonsense would end, but no. I'm glad you don't delete these posts, allowing them to stand for the world to see how fraudulent and embarrassing this antic is.
Lot's of nice people here I see...

I would like to know what the process is to get an appraisal for a Natural Giant Clam Pearl

Tridacna gigas are CITES listed as Appendix ll, which is an endangered species. In most parts of the world it is illegal to trade in it's parts.

Lot's of nice people here I see...
There was a program in the Philippines that featured a report on a giant clam shell claiming it was a real pearl and worth millions of dollars. It wasn't a pearl. It was just a shell. Since then, we've have had a dozen or so of these shells presented on Pearl-Guide over the past few years by people thinking they are actual pearls. They never are.

What you have in the photo is clearly just a shell. It's not a pearl, unfortunately.

The thing is, far too many people ask for advice or an opinion, then pout when it isn't the advice or opinion they want.
Exactly. They are looking for "support" for their scam.

Back