Tiffany to open Iridesse

jshepherd

Tiffany, a company always respected for their collections of top-quality Akoya and South Sea pearls, has recently announced plans to open a new, wholly owned subsidiary selling exclusively pearl jewelry. The new company, to be headed by Mr. Robert Cepek, will open with 2 retail outlets by the end of this year. The first will be in Tyson’s Gallery Mall in McLean, Virginia. The second location will be announced after final lease arrangements have been made.
The new brand name under Tiffany will be Iridesse, inspired by the iridescent play of light common in top-quality Akoya pearls.
Tiffany plans to have at least 20 new Iridesse outlets opened within the next 5 years. The jewelry will be priced from just under $100, up to $40,000.

Tiffany has launched this venture under the belief that many of us hold, that pearl jewelry is a fragmented, underdeveloped jewelry category that can be capitalized upon with a good marketing strategy.

Update on Tiffany's Iridesse Stores

Update on Tiffany's Iridesse Stores

I think Tiffany & Co has recognized and is taking advantage of the booming pearl industry with these stores.

Tiffany & Co's second Iridesse store is now slated to be at the Short Hills Mall in northern New Jersey.

I read an aricle a while back in Pearl World that stated, and I'm paraphrasing, "What does it matter what country a pearl comes from if there is no difference in quality?" This was referring to Akoya pearls from Japan and China. It looks like Tiffany & Co. may be taking the same attitude since they will be carrying both Japanese and Chinese pearls at their new subsidary. They will also feature Tahitian and South Seas pearls.

-The Pearl Outlet

Last edited:
Upon first reading this article, the first thing that crossed my mind was that pearls are definately coming back strong with the recognition they deserve. I believe Tiffany's pearl campaign will help open the eyes of many more young people. With all the new technology of simulated and enhanced diamonds which is so good that it's undetectable, I think not only is Tiffany's trying to get in on the unrealized pearl market but also foreseeing the future diminish of diamond value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back